“Short stay to attend a party”
Review of The Link Hotel

The Link Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was a real surprise for an out of town hotel. The room was really big with a high standard of finish. The price was very reasonable at only £50 including a full English breakfast. Enormous bed that was really comfortable. Air conditiioning,free wifi,usual tea,coffee etc all thrown in. Very friendly and courteous staff. The only thing I would change is more milk cartons. Its pointless having that much tea and coffee with so few milk cartons to go with them. The next day the breakfast was delicious and the dining room was very clean and modern. Great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it was lovely to see you had a good stay with us and I hope you enjoyed your party.

I have passed your comments onto our housekeeping team, we always appreciate feedback from our guests, as we can not improve without it.

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here recently when attending a nearby family event.
Great hotel - clean and friendly staff. Large and comfy bed with a tv, tea making facilities and toiletries provided in the room as well as complimentary wifi which you need to get the code for from reception as it changes daily.
Thought the £12 for breakfast was a little on the pricey side but you can go up to the buffet and have as much as you want including cooked breakfast, toast, pastries, tea/coffee, juice etc.
Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate our guests letting us know all about their stay with us.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and took advantage of our breakfast during your stay. For your future reference if you pre-book breakfast then you can get it at a reduced rate of £10.

I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Booked @ The Link Hotel and start to finish what an unbelievable experience the Staff were fantastic helpful and friendly. Everything was clean the Room was awesome the food was also top marks. I just cannot give it enough praise, Harry and Sam the night managers really looked after us and his team consisting of both Anna's and a couple more were a real credit. Keep up the good work Ian + Russ from Chris Allen Garages

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had such an enjoyable stay, and that several of our team members made an impact on your stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

after a tyre blew out on the M1 we ended up here, good choice, staff welcomed us with open arms, suggested somewhere to eat, rooms are great wifi took some logging on to though!!, hotel is spacious with a huge free car park

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I hope you got your tyre sorted out, that does not sound like a nice experience! But I was very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Hopefully you will get a chance to come and visit us again, in nicer circumstances.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends wedding in loughborough. Paid £35 and this was very good value for money. Easy to find with close access to loughborough centre. Free parking, free wifi and good choice of tv channels. Staff are very friendly. Breakfast is very nice if not a little expensive at £12 pp. Would recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for writing your review, we really appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience of their stay.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for pointing out some of the great attibutes of the hotel, the free wifi, free car parking.

Just for your information if you choose to stay with us again, if you pre book breakfast with us, either at the reservation stage or when checking in at the hotel we offer breakfast at £10 per person.

I hope you will be able to visit us again in the future, and thank you again for writing your review

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I thought I'd write a review for this place as their good prices and services needs to be recognised!

We booked this hotel on the day (Saturday) and was at least £30 less than the other competing 'budget' hotels in Loughborough town. We didn't really know what to expect from an Imago budget hotel, but we were truly impressed.

Upon arrival, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Service and check in was swift. When we entered the room, we were so impressed for the price we paid! Definitely better than other popular 'budget' hotels I've been to. It was clean, with a soft and comfy large bed. The whole hotel is quite prettily decorated and modern, with plenty of parking spaces. Not to mention with free wifi and a good selection of TV channels and music (again, compared to other places). I cannot comment on the food, as we visited other places, but the bar in the evening was a nice experience and the member of staff who served us was ever so lovely.

The only thing negative thing is that I had an awful nights sleep due to some strange repeating vibrating noises (the air con and extractor fan was switched off) all night, and I could hear people coming in late at night and leaving very early in the morning, as our bedroom was situated right at the front of the corridor. However, it didn't bother my friend much, who was sleeping in the bed next to me, but left me competely knackered and without sleep for the next day. We did mention this is the reception staff and they were very kind and apologised. I wouldn't really mark this hotel down as I think it was (or hope) it was a one off/I was unlucky.

I'd happily recommend this hotel to anyone! I would also like to thank the staff for making my visit very welcome! (I've been to many hotels before and moody/unwelcoming staff have worsened the whole experience!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review of your stay with us.

We always appreciate when our guests take the time to complete a review, as without our guests input we are unable to adjust any facilities or services that we provide.

I have discussed the air conditioning unit with our maintenance team, who are looking into the problem.

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team here, all reviews and guest comments are shared with the teams.

I hope you will get to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

An air conditioned room in the middle of a heatwave says everything. 30deg C in the shade, room 19degC, we slept under the covers - cool.
It is a very long walk from reception to room 242.
Four star quality food and waitress service too.

Room Tip: I don't know about swimming pool or spa...