“amazing!”
Review of The Link Hotel

The Link Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed May 24, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights 21st may and 22nd may 2013, excellent service, very welcoming staff, rooms are a good size and very clean! should be a 5 star hotel instead of 3 star! breakfast was great, loads of choice. had a meal in the evening in the restaurant and could not fault the food!
only problem i would say about this is the staff in the restaurant were a bit rude and didnt know what they were doing, we booked a table for the evening and got put somewhere else inbetween a big group of people and the waiting staff were very pushy wanted us to order as soon as we sat down.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was such a pleasure to read your positive comments.

All of our guests feedback is shared with the team, and your comments regarding our restaurant team, has been shared with our Food & Beverage Manager who is working closely with the them to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I would like to apologise for any dissatisfaction this may have caused you, during your stay with us.

I do hope that this incident hasn't put you off returning to us in the future, as we would appreciate the chance to prove to you what our Restaurant team ( and the rest of the team at the hotel) can do.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for two nights over a weekend. As we had booked some time in advance we received an excellent room rate but as the hotel is described as a budget three star we did not have very high expectations – how wrong we were proved.

The staff on reception were excellent, very welcoming and helpful. Our room was spotless as was the well appointed bathroom; plenty of towels and adequate stocks of toiletries. We had opted not to have breakfast but on arrival decided to book breakfast for the next day. This was an excellent decision as the choice was great; the cooked food all tasted very fresh and was well presented.

We opted to have dinner in the hotel but did not reserve a table – when we went to the restaurant at 7pm we were advised that a party of more than 50 guests we due to eat at 7pm (there were athletic teams staying there) and that if we wanted to eat then they could only offer us the carvery. However, if we waited 30 minutes the full menu would be available, we chose to wait. The staff were very apologetic and handled the situation very well. The dinner was good value for money, well cooked and nicely presented. One slightly odd thing – the waitress asked us to order our wine at the bar, we got the impression she was learning the job and was a little nervous.

The bar man (Josh)was great, very efficient and friendly, the bar has a very good choice of drinks at reasonable prices.

The next morning the restaurant was very full for breakfast but again there was a great choice of food and plenty available. When we found there was no yoghurt available on the cold counter a waiter when off immediately to get some for us.

The stand out quality of this hotel is the service – the staff are great and we were made to feel very welcome.

We would certainly stay at the Link Hotel again should we be visiting Loughborough.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your great review of your recent stay with us.

It was such a pleasure to read such great comments on our facilities and our team members. We always aim to provide the best service possible to our guests, and it is great to see our guest recognising this.

All of our guests feedback are shared with both our guests and our team members, I know that the team always appreciate it when people take the time to leave thier feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here after a wedding on the 10th May and have to say that I was surprised at how nice it was! I stayed in the room furthest away from reception but this didn't detract from my comfort and enjoyment. The standard of the room was immaculate, and being quite fussy about my bedding I was a little worried... but had a wonderful nights sleep in a comfortable bed with soft sheets and plump pillows. Shower was perfect to wash away the night before and to top it off, nice fluffy towels :)
I never managed to make it down for breakfast so cannot personally comment on this but the people I have spoken to said it was very nice! After enjoying my lie in I was a little checking out and expected to be hassled every 5 minutes (as other hotels would do) but it was all fine and not even mentioned upon my check out.
When I got home I noticed I had left my phone charger in the room, got in touch with the hotel and the staff couldn't do enough to help me with my inquiries.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will no doubt be stopping here myself in the future :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, it was great to see that you had such a good stay with us.

We really appreciate our guests taking their time to write reviews, and to give us feedback, so that we are able to improve our services.

I hope we are able to find your phone charger and return it to you, I beleive we have your details on file, if we do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Here at the minute for a wedding. The day has been amazing the food wonderful and the service excellent. It being n Irish wedding there has been a lot of music etc. most people only live in leicester so could have got a taxi home but stayed because we thought residents bar, late night, great craic. No no, the duty manager decided to close the bar at 2.30. We could've gone home on a cab for cheaper than staying here. Duty manager was a jobs worth exercising what little authority he had. Awful service.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review.

I have spoken to the two Managers who were on duty that evening, and who have the right to close the resident bar if they feel it is necessary. They did discuss this action with the Bride and Groom before they closed the bar to ensure that they were happy.

Feedback from other members of the wedding party has been very positive, so I am sorry that this opinion was not meet by yourself.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A lovely stay with my boyfriend to visit some old university friends and enjoy the canal festival. It was a lovely weekend away, and we managed to snap up a room for just £40 per night despite booking only a few days before.

The listing on laterooms was showing differently to the Link website, so called up and was helped out by a very personable lady, and the room was booked almost instantly and came with a great chat and some useful information about the room and amenities.

The staff were friendly and professional, and as efficient as they could be despite short queues at the bar and reception at times. They were extremely accomodating with any requests, and the room was in excellent condition with rather splendid and tasteful decor for a mere 3 star hotel!

The only downfall was the halls being quite noisy with some excitable seeming ex-students, but this was clearly just an unfortunate time clash for us. It did make sleeping difficult for my boyfriend at first, but I slept soundly regardless! This demographic clearly were not the hotel norm, however, with a variety of visitors being spotted, so my only advice is - if it seems very busy or likely to be a student-heavy stay, don't stay on the ground floor!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were noisy when we stayed, but perhaps only because it was a long bank holiday we...
1  Thank Natalie B
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was great to see you had an enjoyable stay with us, and you picked a lovely weekend - I'm glad the sun made an appearance for the canal festival (not always the case).

Your comments will be shared with the team, as we believe feedback is so important in providing great service to our customers.

I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my daughter and her boyfriend. My daughter booked 2 rooms with breakfast for an amazing £100. She told me that it was a budget 3* hotel but it had got good reviews. I wasn't really expecting much but I was very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is lovely. Nice bright colour scheme and everywhere was so clean. The bedroom was spacious and warm. All the staff we encountered were so helpful, pleasant and polite. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We were there as my daughter was having her, 'Wings' ceremony for Thomson airways at East midlands airport. The staff were asking me all about it and semed genuinely interseted in all that was going on. The breakfast was amazing. All you could wish for. I hope I get another reason to stay at this hotel again. They could teach some 4* hotels a thing or two!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Joanne P, Guest Relations Manager at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I was very pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised by your stay with us, and that you had such an enjoyable experience.

I hope you had a lovely time at your daughters "Wings" ceremony.

I also hope that you will get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

booked very late so got a good deal. Arrived at the hotel and the receptionists were dealing with a group of foreign tourists but were extremely polite and apologetic for what was a very slight delay in checking in. Allocated room 209, it was spotlessly clean and decorated in a modern style. The bathroom was quite spacious and the shower was brilliant. The bed was so comfortable and we both had a superb nights sleep, not waking up until 08.15. We ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening and although the menu is a bit limited, the food, both had steak, was very well cooked and the service was impeccable. Bar prices were reasonable. Breakfast was excellent with a very wide choice of both hot and cold items. It is advertised as a budget priced three star hotel, but we have stayed in expensive four star hotels which were not a patch on The Link. Would we stay there again? Most definitely. Value for money this hotel is possibly the best available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review, it was such a pleasure to read what a great stay you had with us.

Thank you for pointing out some of our great attributes, I hope you get the opportunity in the future to stay with us again.