“Fabulous- the best in Leicester”
Review of Rothley Fisheries

Rothley Fisheries
Ranked #73 of 259 Restaurants in Loughborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Loughborough
“Fabulous- the best in Leicester”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Fabulous chip shop - always a massive queue which is a good sign.
From experience advanced booking definately needed if eating in the restaurant.
Fish is always excellent with lovely crisp batter

Visited November 2012

leicester
“The Best”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have been to this restaurant twice & both times have been excellent, part of the charm for me is the atmosphere & the hustle & bustle. If you want 5 star service & posh food go somewhere else if you want good honest delicious food this is the place.The staff are great considering how busy they are & do give good service

• Visited October 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“BEST IN LEICESTER”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Old fashioned service with a smile. Great food at competitive prices. The restaurant part is so popular you have to book well in advance.

Visited November 2012
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Best fish and chips ever”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The fish and chips is always fantastic here. The chips are freshly prepared, not bought in pre-frozen. The batter on the fish is light, crispy and delicious and the fish itself is always fresh. They also stock a reasonable range of beers and wines to wash it down. Excellent.

Visited October 2012
Leicester
“Downright rude!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited the restaurant tonight to give an overseas visitor from Rwanda an experience of the British tradition of Fish and Chips. I left embarassed to be British! The staff were the rudest I have ever come across...you would think I had booked The Ivy when I told them that 2 of our party of 8 were unable to come. I was told loudly that 'they were lucky they werent being charged for a meal' because I had failed to cancel 2 seats. We were then subjected to the humiliation of standing like naughty schoolchildren in a busy restaurant while our table was changed from an 8 to a six with the comment 'This has made my day!' by the manageress! In moving our table the waitress pulled a table away from a gentleman with Downs Syndrome who was waiting patiently on his own for his friend and he was left sitting in the middle of the restaurant with no table. The waitress said 'Oh, sorry I thought you were with them!' (meaning my party). It was absolutely disgraceful! Don't go to this restaurant unless you want to feel like you are in a scene from Fawlty Towers! You won't be laughing though! What a terrible representation of the British people...you should feel ashamed!
I have used this chip shop for 30 years for takeaways and I will NEVER set foot in it again!

• Visited October 2012