“Groupon - No worries!”
Review of Signatures Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Signatures Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here at Signature's we deliver the very best in home cooked English cuisine. From contemporary modern dishes to traditional favourites we continuously aim to provide a range of innovative dishes to suit any palate. Situated in the bustling market town of Loughborough, in the heart of Leicestershire, Signatures is a popular choice for many diners, be it lunchtime, evening or weekend. Our commitment and excellent service sees customers return time and time again.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Groupon - No worries!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After reading several shocking reviews in relation to the Groupon deal (sold out of steak, seated differently, appalling service, etc) we were as expected quite nervous about our impending visit...

We we needn't of worried one bit, it was nothing like what some of the reviews had said. The only thing which was the same was the slightly slow service, but hey, that suited us down to the ground. We had a table booked at 8 and didn't leave till about 11. There's nothing worse than getting poor quality food in a very tight timescale! The food was very, very nice and at a pace which suited us all and our evening down to the ground.

Well done Signatures, we'll definitely be visiting again, very soon!

1 Thank Bob194

leicester uk
“Good meal and enjoyable evening”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

16 of us visited Signatures for a double birthday celebration. About half of us had Groupon vouchers so, in view of the previous comments, I was interested to see how we would fare.
Very good is the answer!
We were seated quickly and efficiently despite our large numbers and once the starters had been ordered, they were served to us without too much waiting.
Most of our party ordered steaks or mixed grills, and all options were available. I didn't spot any food left over on plates!
Desserts were served without fuss and at £4.25, I thought these were priced quite reasonably.
The Groupon offer was £24 for a 3 course meal for 2 people which was a great deal. I paid just under £22 for 3 courses which I thought was very reasonable.
The restaurant is just outside the town centre and free parking is available across the road which is a bonus.
I would recommend this restaurant with or without a Groupon deal.

1 Thank haindomdom
Hinckley
“Enjoyable Evening!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went for dinner last Saturday. It was pouring with rain but it was well worth going out to eat for dinner at "Signatures". The food was very fresh and very tasty. The staff were very good too. The atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxing. I would have no hesitation in returning back to the restaurant.

Shepshed, United Kingdom
“Groupon corner!!! What no steak!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Like many of the reviews before me i had exactley the same terrible experiance. We where put in the corner next to to kitchen but we asked to move and this seem to cause a problem but we insisted and we moved. like other reviews we were on a Groupon deal we sat for 15 minutes with no menu and no drinks. 45 minutes in we managed to get a drink and order food. we were also told that the steak had sold out ( what at 730 in the evening) so i ordered duck and my partner ordered beef medallions they then came back 30 minutes later to say there was no beeef left. when it came another 45 minutes later my duck was very over cooked and not really worth the wait. By this time it was 10.30 on a tuesday evening and we had had enough we did complain and they waivered the drinks bill. Not really sure what this resturant wants to be !!! as food very average and staff very young and not interested and no one in charge would not go again even on a groupon deal

• Visited September 2013
jack w, Manager at Signatures Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
we are really appologies for what happened with you, will try not to happen this again.
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“No Steaks available”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My Fiancé and I visited Signatures on the 28th Sept with a Groupon voucher which was for a three course dinner for two for £24.50. We have never used a Groupon voucher before but thought its a great way for businesses to get new customers. We were booked for 8.30 and arrived on time only to be sat right at the back of the restaurant near to the kitchen. I noticed that the tables and chairs were different in this area than the rest if the restaurant so I joked saying it was the Groupon corner! Shortly after another couple arrived who also had a voucher and who were also sat in the "Groupon" corner. We were left for fifteen minutes before being given a menu and ordering a drink, we were then left for another 10/15 mins, at which point the waiter came over and told us that they had no T-bone, Fillet or serloin steaks!!! The voucher did state that a £3 charge would be made for certain steaks which we expected, what we didn't expect was that a restaurant specialising in steaks wouldn't have three main cuts available. We waited 45 mins before we got our starters which were Rather bland, then another 45 mins for our mains which were not worth waiting for. I had the tuna steak which was cooked fine but was swimming in butter, and my fiancé had the Rib eye steak which came with one mushroom, half a tomato, and oven chips!! The atmosphere was terrible with no staff asking how our food was and it seemed that they were deliberately trying not to make eye contact. I would not go to this restaurant again with or without a voucher. I would guess that no one using a Groupon voucher has been able to pay a supplement here for a preferred steak, the waiter had clearly told this lie before and had no hesitation in repeating it to us! We felt humiliated and segregated so much so that I have formally complained as I'm sure Groupon don't wish to be associated with such rip off businesses!! Over priced for the normal menu and staff are rude and ignorant!

• Visited September 2013