“Stranded in Loughbourough”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Stranded in Loughbourough”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Found myself in Loughborough on the August Bank Holiday Sunday 2013 and despared of finding anywhere to have a decent meal. I was wrong1 The Laughing Buddha has and excellent choice of food at the right price -very tasty and excellent service. No complaints from a hungry traveller!

• Visited August 2013

UK
“Average - that's about all!!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Recommended by a friend - early evening special 8.50 a head mains including rice. Friendly reception. There appeared to only be one waitress who seemed to find looking after the small number present difficult. I had chicken in ginger and pineapple. I think the chicken was cooked in boiling water, would have been better fried. My friend had the chilli beef which I tried - not carefully prepared. We may have been better using the main menu which we probably shall if we try this place again. Our starter was a shared platter which was acceptable, the ribs were very good though. Wines from £12 a bottle - opted for a more expensive Chenin which was excellent. Very nice decor, very clean and, proper cloth napkins. Will try again but not the early bird.

• Visited August 2013
Loughborough
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had my graduation dinner here with my family in September and the place was very quiet. The food arrived quickly and the staff were friendly.

Visited September 2012
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Food and Customer service was terrible”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ordered Crispy beef, received tasteless sloppy beef that clearly was re-cooked in a microwave as there is no way the beef gets that sloppy after such a short period of time if was made fresh.

Rang up to ask them if they could do anything about it and the lady put the phone down on me. When I rang back a man answered and told me that's how it comes and there's nothing he can do about it, I asked if they could send the beef and sauce separately and they said no. A dead giveaway that it is microwaved. When I asked for a return and refund instead, they refused. Not happy at all, very rude and unprofessional. Feel very ripped off!

• Visited July 2013
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I love this place!
Food is sooooo good! So tasty!
Excellent value for money.
Good portions. Timely service.
They know how to look after customers!
So much variety!
I'm never disappointed.
Always wish I had more room left and want to order eveythin-this is what a good eatery should have u feelin! Never been let down.

• Visited June 2013