“Brilliant every time”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've visited this restaurant many times and it never fails in providing quality food at a reasonable price. It's nice to have a good quality place in such a small town. Highly recommend! Thanks

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went last night to the laughing Buddha, had a special set meal for two, food was outstanding, service was friendly and timely. I would very much recommend this place and will certainly be back very soon

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just ordered a delivery and the price I was quoted on arrival was 10% higher than the online price. I was told that it was because their prices had gone up, but their web developer "was away". The food is excellent so I paid it, but it leaves a metaphorical sour taste in the mouth.

1  Thank FionaB1
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Don't listen to negative comments, the food and service here is fabulous. The staff are really friendly and the restaurant is immaculate.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to the Laughing Buddha last night as we couldn't be bothered to cook!

We made a reservation at short notice which wasn't a problem. The location of the restaurant is good it is close to the centre of Loughborough (easy walking distance) but not so close as to have people constantly walking by, it is literally 2 minutes walk from the NCP car park which was also really cheap after 6pm (60p!)

Turned up for our booking and were greeted by a nicely laid out restaurant with friendly staff. the staff were quick to take our drinks order and left us to make our choices for starter and main. the Menu had a really varied choice of both starters and main courses, when we were ready the staff were attentive enough to take our order promptly.

I'm going to take a slight diversion here to mention the staff, although every single one was friendly and helpful I found that there was perhaps some communication lacking between them as we had several different members attend to us to ask us how the food was etc and also to deliver another heater when it had been specifically taken away as we were both having sizzling dishes! but this did not detract too much from the lovely time we had.

The food was fairly quick to arrive and very tasty! As I mentioned above we both had sizzling platters for main and shared a rice dish - I thought it was a lovely touch that we were given bowls to eat from and that the server served us both up a portion of rice in our bowls to add our mains to. the food was amazing and there wasn't a scrap left when we'd finished!

It was slightly disappointing to find that the dessert menu was similar to that you find in a lot of Chinese/Indian restaurants and it is all pre-prepared and in freezer stuff. I think that if the restaurant was to start offering a few home made desserts that this would be really good.

The prices were reasonable - we both had starters, a main with shared rice dish, an alcoholic drink each, and one pudding which came to £40.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to family and friends and will certainly visit again.

1  Thank KFinch186334