“Great Place for Chinese food”
Review of Laughing Buddha

Laughing Buddha
Ranked #68 of 263 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for Chinese food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We went last night to the laughing Buddha, had a special set meal for two, food was outstanding, service was friendly and timely. I would very much recommend this place and will certainly be back very soon

“Careful on pricing!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Just ordered a delivery and the price I was quoted on arrival was 10% higher than the online price. I was told that it was because their prices had gone up, but their web developer "was away". The food is excellent so I paid it, but it leaves a metaphorical sour taste in the mouth.

1 Thank FionaB1
Loughborough
“Great place for an evening with friends”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Don't listen to negative comments, the food and service here is fabulous. The staff are really friendly and the restaurant is immaculate.

• Visited October 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to the Laughing Buddha last night as we couldn't be bothered to cook!

We made a reservation at short notice which wasn't a problem. The location of the restaurant is good it is close to the centre of Loughborough (easy walking distance) but not so close as to have people constantly walking by, it is literally 2 minutes walk from the NCP car park which was also really cheap after 6pm (60p!)

Turned up for our booking and were greeted by a nicely laid out restaurant with friendly staff. the staff were quick to take our drinks order and left us to make our choices for starter and main. the Menu had a really varied choice of both starters and main courses, when we were ready the staff were attentive enough to take our order promptly.

I'm going to take a slight diversion here to mention the staff, although every single one was friendly and helpful I found that there was perhaps some communication lacking between them as we had several different members attend to us to ask us how the food was etc and also to deliver another heater when it had been specifically taken away as we were both having sizzling dishes! but this did not detract too much from the lovely time we had.

The food was fairly quick to arrive and very tasty! As I mentioned above we both had sizzling platters for main and shared a rice dish - I thought it was a lovely touch that we were given bowls to eat from and that the server served us both up a portion of rice in our bowls to add our mains to. the food was amazing and there wasn't a scrap left when we'd finished!

It was slightly disappointing to find that the dessert menu was similar to that you find in a lot of Chinese/Indian restaurants and it is all pre-prepared and in freezer stuff. I think that if the restaurant was to start offering a few home made desserts that this would be really good.

The prices were reasonable - we both had starters, a main with shared rice dish, an alcoholic drink each, and one pudding which came to £40.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to family and friends and will certainly visit again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank KFinch186334
Loughborough
“Fabulous food, superb service”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The food was superb, the service was excellent and the staff were helpful, friendly and advised when asked.
We got to restaurant at 6pm and at around 7pm it was filling up fast - on a week night, If I was going at the weekend I would book to make sure of a table.
I have a garlic allergy which did not cause a problem for the chef.
I will definitely return to the laughing Buddha and I would recommend it to friends and family.

1 Thank Valerie576