“disapointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salim's Indian Restaurant

Salim's Indian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 255 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leicester, United Kingdom
“disapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

went on sat for a family meal. when asked about the dish I wanted if it was spicey the waiter said no. when it came I couldn't eat it because it was very spicey.. they took it away after waiting 15mins it came back. it was better when I finally got it.
had one drink all eve the waiters didn't come to see if we would like another one.
service was slow.
new waiters as well.
it will be a while before we go back

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheap99

“Food filled with colour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I heard alot about this resturent and I order a collection to try it but I was very dispointed because the colour in the food was alot and when we eat the food it was terriable because of the colou. I dont think they should put too much colour on it??

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No fancy stuff, just good Indian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been living in Loughborough for less than 2 years but this has stood out to me as the safest-bet curry-house by far!
The staff are very cooperative when we'd had to change bookings/move tables, dined with fussy eaters etc. which really makes the difference. The food itself is very good. I have taken most friends I have had to visit and most have commented that it was one of the best curries they'd had in a while!
If you're new to Loughborough and want a safe bet for a decent price- this is where I'd reccommend

Visited May 2013
1 Thank carlkiwi
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“magnificent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

ive been meaning ro write this since our 2nd time to this restaurant in march for my fiances birthday, normally if you visit a restaurant and have excellent food, wine and service you are a little bit let down by something the next time you visit, on the contrary, our 2nd visit far exceeded our 1st only this time we were greeted as friends, the food, the service and tje bill could not have been better! we decided on the spur of the moment to revisit for our 3rd time for our anniversary on 18th may, we were even more impressed! we really cannot recommend this restaurant high enough and if you are going into loughborough for an indian you cannot go anywhere except Salims, superb, keep up the fantastic work !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Suep1_13
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here twice now and have been very impressed with the food and service and both occasions. Portions are generous, well priced and most importantly delicious. Both times my boyfriend and I have started with 2 popadoms each which are accompanied with a range of sauces and then shared a main course with an additional nan bread which has been more than enough. The waiters are extremely courteous and service is professional and quick. Although we haven't booked a table on either occasion it is usually quite busy so it might be worth ringing before hand. Will definitely be eating there again.

Visited May 2013