“Top of the budget carveries”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #202 of 267 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Loughborough. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved fresh meats with all the trimmings - including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with and plenty of freshly prepared vegetables. We even do a fantastic all you can eat breakfast too.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Enjoyed a Friday night visit to this busy pub diner. Expect to queue for a little while, but everyone then has the chance to take whatever accompanying veggies they want. We both had beef which was plentiful, nicely cooked and tasty. Veggies and roasties were all in good condition, nice cauliflower cheese and nice gravy. Orders were taken and drinks delivered in good time. For some reason, the ice cream sundae desserts were a bit melty, but this is such good value that it would take much more than that to prevent us from returning. Its not a romantic venue but its good fun and a good feast.

1  Thank RANNEW6

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited the Toby Carvery twice for a late lunch during our recent trip back to the UK and it was a perfect roast topped off with a giant yorkshire pudding and a great selection of tasty vegetables - the braised onions were superb and were a particular favourite of mine!
There are a choice of meats on offer - I had the roast beef on both visits - which are freshly carved for you - the portions are generous. Then you can help yourself to a lovely selection of vegetables - the mashed potatoes were wonderful, I think the best I have ever tasted apart from at home!
There was a nice selection of gravies and sauces - I love my hot horseradish sauce and wholegrain mustard to accompany my roast beef - the beef was cooked to perfection and just melted in your mouth.
I had thought that the vegetables may be a touch dry as they were under heat lamps but this was not the case and they were very tasty.
This carvery is amazing value - it really is hardly worth cooking at home when you can eat out like this. Ok it is a carvery and there is really not much else to choose from if you don´t want a roast dinner, however if you fancy a roast this is the place to go.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited this very busy restaurant on a Friday night. The carvery was well-stocked with a choice of 4 meats on offer - possibly too many vegs getting a bit dry under the heat lamps? Enormous Yorkshire puddings topped off the slices of freshly carved meat - where do I put the vegs now?!
Nice selection of gravies and sauces to top off the meal.
Lots of kids, clearly child-friendly, so not a place for a quiet, romantic dinner, so just as well that wasn't what I wanted.
Getting the bill took a while, but at least I didn't feel hurried.
Amazing value for money.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited at 1:30 on a Saturday, and the place wasn't at all busy.

Despite this, it took 25 minutes to be served a round of drinks, and the food (sandwiches) took 40 minutes. The pub is really quite run down, with all the furniture completely worn out. I've seen better sofas at the tip.

The sandwiches were made with just ordinary white sliced loaf (no option of brown / white / granary).

My wife had soup which still hadn't arrived 5 minutes after the rest of the food, so she went to ask, and was told the chef had forgotten.

The ladies toilets behind the bar were blocked.Very poor overall, and we won't be returning.

1  Thank tul55015
Reviewed October 14, 2013

we went on a thurs, very busy but the there was plenty of food on the carvery.
we were served with loads of meat which was nice.
Took a while to get the bill though, but the waiter was very busy