Winelodge Hotel
$93
  • Pool
$70
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel(Lowestoft)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
$69
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Wherry Hotel(Oulton Broad)(Great Value!)
$123
  • Breakfast included
Parkhill(Lowestoft)
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Well we booked through laterooms? So paid a very reasonable price, the room (6) was clean and comfortable, but very small and as it faces onto Marine parade it was very noisy. The shower was great, and all in all ok for the price, TV worked and tea and coffee were well stocked

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights. I was supposed to stay for a week. The Room I stayed in, Room 2 at the back, was disgusting. First impressions were not too bad. But when you look closely the place is very dirty, and smells stale. The toilet/bathroom has grime on all the facilities. It appears that a small patch in the middle of the floor and the mirror is cleaned only. Anywhere that is a bit tricky to get to is disgusting. Don't even look at the Loo brush!!!.
Then I went to bed... The bed is broken. The bottom half has collapsed. I complained about the bed and they said they would look at getting another bed sorted and/or the maintenance guy to come and look at it. Neither happened.
The big TV on the wall is good, but the remote doesn't work. Again I asked about this, the guy said he would change the batteries and/or replace the remote. Neither happened.
The carpet was filthy with hair and nail clippings on it.
On a plus note the 2 members of staff I met (who also have to run the Bar-this is not to onerous as the bar was empty at all times) were very friendly and helpful.
Also the other reviews talk about the nightclub opposite being loud. This is no longer a problem as it has closed.

Room Tip: Good luck! Rather you than me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

In general I am quite easily pleased with regards to accommodation on business trips (clean room, no frills) but having spent 6 nights at this hotel I feel there are some issues that need to be addressed.

PROS:
The hotel is around 50 yards from a beautiful beach
The 3 members of staff I dealt with are friendly and provide a excellent service
The restaurant provides a wide range decent pub food
Nice warm shower and fresh towels provided daily

CONS:
Floor needed hovered when I arrived and this was not done once during my 6-night stay
Tea making facilities were very grubby
TV was broken due to a rusty connection for one of the cables

The hospitable staff made me want to like this hotel but the cleanliness in particular was an issue for me. I understand the hotel was reasonably priced but it does not cost much to provide a clean room no matter how basic it may or may not be!

It's such a shame because the staff really do go out their way to make you feel at home. One member of staff in particular took the time to make me a cooked breakfast because there was a mixup on the times for breakfast and the cook had already gone home. This same member of staff took the time to fax me an itemised bill which I required for expenses. Improvements to the cleanliness if the rooms would make this an excellent place to spend a few nights as a couple or on business.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Definitely gone down hill since my last stay. No recorded of my booking on arrival and insisted on charging me again, despite telling them I had already paid and had the paperwork. Attitude was that I was mistaken. Took a trip to the bank to get proof and a refund was actioned the next day after speaking to the staff twice again.
Room could have been nice but let down by small things; kettle half full, lamp not working, overpowering smell of bleach ( which didn't go until the following morning), wi-fi not working in room ( had to go to bar), stains on
wall and flat pillows.
Would have given it only one star but the member of staff on in the morning was a credit to his employers, very helpful and friendly and even cooked a decent breakfast for us when the chef failed to turn up.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed overnight for my sister's wedding reception & we knew of the chain as my sister was using the function room at the Oulton Broad site for the reception.

We were allocated apartment 3 on the first floor & were given directions by helpful staff - the apartments are located about 100 meters further along from the bar. First impressions were of the stunning view across the parade to the beach as you open the front door.

Two decent sized bedrooms with comfy double beds & lovely snuggly pillows & duvets. The front bedroom needs a Blackout blind if you don't want to be awoken at sunrise by the sun glinting off of the sea!

Back bedroom could do with a second bedside cabinet.

Kitchen / lounge area is fully equipped with TV, DVD player, microwave, dishwasher & ipod dock, however it is meant for four people but there were only 3 mugs & one bowl - needs to be sorted out for a long term stay.

Other than these minor points, I would highly recommend the apartments - there is a nightclub opposite the apartments on the Claremont pier, but there was no noise from it & we came back at 12:30am, but it's something to be aware of if staying at the height of the season.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family