We were at the Las Vegas Legends weekend and luckily went with a crew of 8 in total. Overall it was pretty good. The entertainers were very reasonable, Tom Jones being the favourite but the Blue Coats left a fair bit to be desired, especially the embarrassing game on the last evening when one of them behaved like a spoilt child!
The cheap bar was ok but generally understaffed although the Guys and Girls behind the bar worked really hard and were very friendly. The facilities were ok with snooker tables free of charge and some delapidated table tennis bats for hire again free of charge.
Food was better than we expected but still pretty average and not always that warm. Reasonable choices but annoyingly they closed all but one of the food serving areas half way through each evening and the queues became fairly long very quickly.
Rooms need some updating. Ours was very small and smelled a bit damp. Shower was fine but you do need to keep pressing the button to get it going properly. The bathroom was way too large for what was in there and could have been made smaller to make the room bigger. TV was old with no remote and the beds were very soft with springs sticking up all over the place.
The main bar was good but when the 99p deal was off they had 2 beers on special offer, neither of which were available and there was no-one about to change the barrell, how convenient!
All in all we had a good time with a trip to the Broads to hire a boat down the river and plenty to drink as well a dance and some good company. On our own it might have been a different story. The place had a generally down market feel to it and we won't be rushing back. For a cheapish weekend away with friends to celebrate a special occasion it did the job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long established, friendly holiday park with many amenities for both young and young at heart. please note all rooms are non smoking for our guests' comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Pakefield Hotel Lowestoft
- Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park Lowestoft, Suffolk