Agree with most of the comments. Accomodation (Premier Chalet) was excellent. feeding the ducks was great!
Meals were the biggest problem. Since Warner's changed their policy and introduced a carvery they appear to have reduced dining room staff numbers. We had two waiters to cover aproximately 60 tables. That is a minimum of 120 people for starters, mains and sweets etc. All to be done in an hour. They seem to rely on a serve yourself clientele?
The staff are under great pressure and just have not the time to be friendly or conversational. They do, however, do their best and are to be commended for that.
Generally the food was overcooked or undercooked and for an establishment within five miles of a fishing port to serve fried fish cooked from frozen is abysmal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every break at Gunton Hall includes hearty hot and cold buffet breakfasts and delicious three-course dinners. Lots of daytime activities and leisure facilities including swimming,archery and salon spa.A unique and dazzling schedule of entertainment and dancing is also included in your holiday.The Hotel organises shopping trips to Nowhich, Bure Valley steam trains and Broads cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gunton Hall Hotel Lowestoft
- Gunton Hall Lowestoft
- Warner Leisure Hotels Gunton Hall Coastal Village Lowestoft, Suffolk