“Good Value”

Premier Inn Lowestoft Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lowestoft
Reviewed March 4, 2014

As usual spotlessly clean. All staff were very pleasant and always had a smile. You do have to book your table with the hotel for the evening meals. We did not know that, so arrived on the first night we could not book a table. We had to eat in the bar area as the restaurant was full. It was okay but the table a bit small. Could do with phoning ahead to book table. We had room 151 at the back. No outlook just very high trees about 6 foot away. Very quiet as requested. The tv was on the small side unlike other Premier Inns we have stayed at with the large tv's. The room was very warm and maybe the duvets are a bit thick. A thinner duvet with a blanket would have been better. Our room never got below 20c even when we had the thermostat down to 10c for sleeping. The A12 road was busy but with the window shut we could not hear it. Nothing major to complain about.
Beefeater Restaurant on site. Outside and inside could do with an overhaul. It looked in need of some cosmetic attention which could put some people off. The staff were all very friendly and food the usual standard. We use the Premier Inns a lot for 5 day breaks and the food does get a bit boring after a while as they all have the same menus, be it Beefeater or Harvester etc. This restaurant is not easy if you are disabled. They do have a chair lift up to one table that seats 10 but the rest of the restaurant is on 5 levels. Breakfast was not easy as I am partly disabled but could manage the steps with my walking stick and the rails but I could not carry food. My husband was up and down three lots of stairs four times to get us cereal, juice, coffee, toast etc. when we had to sit up the top level. There are no tables on the same level as the breakfast bar. Just a warning to others not so nimble.

Room Tip: We had room 151 it was up stairs and a long walk along corridors but worth it for the peace and quie...

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The food was nice from the beff eater but nothing special although the staff was very nice. I was very happy with staying at the premier inn and would like to thank Paul and Beth (night team) for helping me out, I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Having read a previous review about the disabled facilities at this Premier Inn, I decided to ring them in advance of our visit. I asked if it would be possible to have a wet room and expressed concern about the low disabled beds. Not a problem for either - we had a wet room and they had put bed risers on the bed so it was still easy for me to get up in the mornings. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I had a problem and one of the receptionists, Janet I think her name was, rang her daughter to find someone who could help me. Problem was solved the next morning. We were greeted each time we went into the hotel. The only thing we could fault was the 'not value for money' breakfast.

Room Tip: Ring them in advance if you have specific disabled needs
1  Thank Sheila-Phil
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed at a few now and several things are the same with everyone, they all offer a budget stay with superior quality. This one was no exception. Attentetive staff, clean warm comfortable rooms with a good hearty breakfast with an all you can eat tariff for £8.25.

My room including WIFI was £78.00 and a bargain.

Thank you Premier Inn and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was promised a good nights sleep and thats what I got. I never woke up once. Now that may be due to all the drving I had done that day but never the less, I got what was promised!
The room was comfortable and had everything I needed. The bed was lovely. High up too. I never stayed for breakfast but the pub looked nice over the way where they were serving it. And a good time too, breakfast starts at 6.30am.
Overall, great stay and I'd go back if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Visited this establishment for one night and found it most satisfactory. The room was clean, well appointed and had a most comfortable bed with a choice of pillows. The bathroom was well designed and again very clean. The only slight problem was that the room we were allocated was facing the back where trees blanketed the light and made the room seem quite dark in the daytime. The staff at reception were most helpful and we would most certainly use this Premier Inn if we come to Lowestoft again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front get more daylight.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Booked disabled room. Bathroom has lots of grab bars around bath, WHICH THE SHOWER IS OVER!!! Be aware if showering is important to you and you're disabled. Got room on very good offer. £25. Bed was very low, struggled to get up. Bathroom light was linked to an extractor fan which was annoying a lot of the time. Foxborough has very nice food.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Lowestoft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with everything they need to have a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion we have failed to do this. Most of our Premier Inn sites are equipped with full disabled facilities, including wet-rooms, though some older sites are still in need of updating. We do however state the available facilities on our website, and would advise customers to contact the hotel to check availability. Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
#1 of 10 in Lowestoft
Wherry Hotel
Wherry Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oulton Broad

Been to Premier Inn Lowestoft Hotel? Share your experiences!