“Great hotel and great staff”
Review of The Hotel Victoria

The Hotel Victoria
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lowestoft
Reviewed July 18, 2013

A huge thank you to the staff of the Victoria who made my elderly uncle so welcome. He had a brilliant two week holiday. He found the room comfortable, the views glorious and the food excellent. The family arranged a surprise 90th birthday party for him in Coastside, a small function room, and the staff couldn't have been kinder or more helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Victoria

Reviewed July 5, 2013

lovely surroundngs and our table was overlooking the sea. I was in a large party of 10 and, although there was nothing on the menu that appealed to me being a vegetarian, they did accommodate me and made me the omelette I asked for. A bit pricey but lovely surroundings and service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jayneynicks169
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Have just returned from this hotel & wont be going back,Upon booking in met
by miserable receptionist who hardly looked up from her computer screen

The room, where do I start poor quality old furniture,dirty mouldy windows(see pic)
Creaking floors,thin walls,woken up at 6.00am by pigeons co-ing
on the windowsill. Bathroom more like a broom cupboard unable to sit on
toilet without catching your arms on the toilet roll holder, (see pic) stained dirty &
mouldy around bath (see pic) Extractor fan not working,(no window in
bathroom to open)

Thought things may be better when going for breakfast, but alas
no,Restaurant was old fashioned & drab, nobody to show you where to sit or
what to to,Only one miserable waitress who was having to take your
order,bring you your food & clear tables etc.Breakfast was mediocre,took
ages to come, probably only had one chef on as well, brought toast out but
got cold by the time breakfast arrived.no salt pepper sauces etc on the
table ,Very weird atmosphere in the restaurant no background music,had to
sit in silence or wisper felt as though you were in a library as opposed to
having a nice weekend getaway

Check out was no better same miserable receptionist.

Avoid this hotel at all costs far better places available much cheaper

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tiptoesjacobs
Vaughan C, General Manager at The Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I felt compelled to respond to this review because it is so at odds with almost every other review we have had.
If the guest had brought their perceived concerns to our attention during their 1 night stay we would have done everything possible to resolve the issues, including alternative accommodation.
We accept that everything was not perfect on this occasion for which we are sorry.
We are confident that these were isolated issues and that visitors to Tripadvisor will form their own opinion of our Hotel from the overwhelming majority of very positive reviews.

Vaughan Cutter, General Manager, Hotel Victoria, Lowestoft.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My mum and I went here for lunch after the place the thatch just down the road was not gluten free friendly as we were first told. The lady behind the bar was very helpful and I opted for ham,egg and chips she wasnt to sure if the chips were gf and found out for me, they were not so she said I could have new potatoes, the food was really lovely proper thick ham, 2 lovely cooked eggs and new potatoes, it came with a side salad and coleslaw, my mum had a ham salad sandwich with crisps and coleslaw, the coffee was exceptional and for £16.00 for 2 we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel and found it excellent value for money. As I am disabled I asked for a room to suit my needs and was given a room which was as large as a room you would expect in America.The breakfast and evening meal was freshly cooked and hot, service was excellent with no delay between courses. Bar prices are reasonable and again good service.A member of staff Mick who is the odd job man stood out as going beyond his remit and very helpful at all times.My only complaint was the disabled toilet had only one handle, the owner said he would address my concern.Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sea view if available
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just had my Son & Daughter in laws Wedding reception at this Hotel, can not praise them enough for the excelent reception, the venue and staff made the day one to remember , thank you to all at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulcarver
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked this hotel for two families of four to have a few days break. One family had a fab sea view with two double beds in a very large room; the other had a car park view but two separate bedrooms - a double and a twin. Both rooms very clean and the beds were so comfortable. Probably the best I've ever slept on. Breakfast was excellent, the choice was very good but the service and staff were a credit to the hotel. As Lowestoft doesn't have many restaurants open in the evening we ended up having dinner at the hotel both nights. The food was lovely with a huge range of choice. Again on both nights the staff were a credit to the hotel. The wine list was excellent. There is also a bar/lounge area which means we could play games with the children whilst sipping a drink or two. Easy access to the beach through a pretty garden. Definitely recommend this hotel for family of couples holiday. It is nice to see an independent UK hotel meeting the grade.

Room Tip: Sea view is excellent - but the car park view family room allows a break from the children. Both roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Best Western The Hotel Hatfield
#1 of 4 in Southwold
The Brudenell Hotel
The Brudenell Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to The Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!