“So helpful”
Review of The Hotel Victoria

The Hotel Victoria
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lowestoft
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We spent 2 nights here ,a gift from our daughter using groupon,although our room didnt have a sea view ,which l would recomend, it was very clean and comfortable,in the summer l would imagine the location is ideal as it is directly on the seafront with nice seating area's.The staff are so very friendly and helpful couldnt do enough for you ,although they were very busy on the saturday night in the resturant,they were very attentive and service was excellant..Would like to return when it isnt snowing,!!Would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: have a sea view
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Victoria

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for a weekend and had a very enjoyable stay. Unfortunately the weather was against us with real gales blowing in from the North Sea. Can't blame the hotel for that !!!

On arrival, the receptionist (Jade I think) was very friendly.

We stayed in room 304 which was very large and had a great jucuzzi bath. Room was a little cold due to the Easterly winds but the hotel provided a heater and did everything they could to make us comfortable. Had a great view across the sands.

Had an evening meal on both nights we stayed and was very hot, tasty and good value.

Breakfast was a continental to start with cereal etc. We then had waitress service for egg, bacon, sausage etc. Very nice breakfast.

Overall we found the staff to be very polite and helpful.

Will certainly return.

Room Tip: Room 304 is very, very large with a very large bathroom. but when the wind really blows it can get...
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is truly wonderful,to check into a hotel,that offers such wonderful and friendly service.From the moment you arrive you are greeted by a welcome that many hotels have long forgotten.The setting on the sea front views over the splendid views of Lowestofts wonderful sandy beach,that the Council takes pride in keeping clean.We discovered this hotel over a year ago.and after many visits has maintained the excellent level of service together with superb food.. Lowestoft (of course from our point of view ) offer a place that is truly relaxing,with its expanse of soft sand and lacking in amusement parlors.,.It is a long drive for us,,however although we are now use to visiting many seaside resorts.The Victoria hotels charm. and elagance will continue to attract us for many years

Room Tip: The Sea view rooms are stunning
Reviewed March 13, 2013

stayed 2 nights on a spring break special, weather was pants but everything about this hotel made our break special. lovely deluxe room with balcony + amazing sea view really pretty in the snow!! staff were wonderful + would highly recommend staying here definitely coming back, thankyou :-)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is awful, on arrival, me and my friend booked separate rooms, as we walked down our corridor, my mates room was first, he opened his room to find a 4 poster bed with a jacuzzi and sea views, my expectations where high for my room! But.. As I opened the door to my room, the icy blast hit me and the size of the room was like Walking into a cupboard that should never be a room. My whole room was smaller than my friends bathroom!

As I lay in bed trying to sleep, I realise how cold it is in the room and decided to check the window to see if was open as it was so cold. But this was not the case, the window was shut with the heating on, so I shut the curtains. But to my astonishment, once the curtains where shut, they moved about a metre into the room where the draft was so strong coming through the window!! I could do nothing to prevent this, and had to sleep on the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, I ended up Sleeping with: 1 x t-shirt, 1 x jumper, 1 x north face coat, 1 x jeans, 2 x socks, and a beanie hat!! This was unacceptable as a hotel, surely they would of stopped using this so called *hotel room* and used it what it should be used for, a cupboard!!

Paid £10 less than my mate aswell, so was expecting some sort of luxury!

Avoid this place at all costs, unless you like being frozen while trying to sleep and waking up shivering.

• Stayed: April 2012
8  Thank Hotelrevieweee
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 5 days here and can recommend it as a hotel and restaurant. The staff are friendly, helpful and professional. When we first arrived we where given a room over looking the car park which is no real problem but I asked the reception if it was possible for a sea view room. They managed to sort this for us and even arranged for the staff to help move our luggage.

The hotel is an old Victorian building so it is a bit tired in places but on the whole it's pretty clean and tidy. The two rooms we stayed in where clean and tidy though the first one (106) was a bit tired. The second room (202 sea view) was nicer and larger.

We ate in the restaurant and had room service a couple of times and the food is very good, tasty and well presented. It's probably the time of year but I'm surprised there wherent more locals eating there.

The hotel is on the south beach and only a 5-10 minute walk into town.

I would have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank stupreece75
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights here. The roo was large, warm and well equipped, tea/coffee, tv, trouser press. Didn't have a clock which was a bit annoying. The bathroom was very cold, but clean and they had lovely L'Occitane lotions etc. There were 2 king size beds in the room which were really comfortable. Our room had a brilliant view of the sea.
The food was very good in the restaurant on both nights. The staff were very friendly and we had an issue with noisy neighbours in our room for one night, but we were given a free evening meal, made to feel very special and a personal apology from the General Manager. We have no complaints about the hotel, would definitly recommend .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarah q
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Best Western The Hotel Hatfield
#1 of 4 in Southwold
The Brudenell Hotel
The Brudenell Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to The Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!