All reviewscourtyard roomoulton broadconverted barntravelzoo offerhotel groundslovely hotelfillet steakextensive groundsrestaurant menugroupon deallovely groundsnature reservemain restaurantcream teafriendly receptionistroom was largegood size
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was very old fashioned which gave it a nice historican look. Its a 3 star so you get what you pay for, but i hate spiders and had no idea a hoover or duster would not have been created here to get rid of them even in my bedroom. Check out is 11am never got told that the horrible ringtone of the phone went off scared the life out of me, no one even wanted the room we just had to vacate the reception was about to say the reason we needed to leave so soon, but then changed the subject. Never woke up early for breakfast but that was down to the fact that my partner was still asleep. Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was very clean. I would recommend but if you have a fear of spiders then it is not the place.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cynthiaphilippam
Reviewed August 13, 2018

This hotel proved beyond our expectations. From arrival to departure he next day the staff were friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and they catered for our little dog. Menu was extensive - something for everyone and was beautifully cooked and presented - breakfast especially. We would happily return. Bed comfortable and room well designed.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend.
Checked in easily and had been contacted via email when I had made my booking to ask what time I would like to book for dinner, so all was arranged before we arrived, which was a good start.
The accomodation was really good, all on one level and in different converted buildings.
Dinner was really tasty, with a good selection from the daily specials.
Breakfast was cooked to order, all the food was beautifully presented.
We ate in the restaurant and the bar, both were relaxed and welcoming.
We spent a day in Southwold, and also explored the local area, there's a lot to see and do in this neck of the woods. We both had a lovely weekend.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018

This has been our 2nd visit to Ivy House. This is a great hotel which has lovely staff working for them. Rooms are very good and kept to a high standard.
They welcome dogs in certain rooms and our dog was well looked after and allowed in certain areas such as the bar area.
Great value for money and will be visiting again I am sure.
food very good also.

Room Tip: All rooms are good so no problem with any particular allocations
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Returned after 7 years to celebrate our Anniversary . Enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea in the beautiful sun shine and listened to the live entertainment ... who was very good .
Our evening was a meal in the Crooked Barn , very tasty meal and good wine selection .
Our room was spacious and very very clean .... but through all of this my main delight was how approachable , helpful and friendly the staff were ❤️

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple