Ivy House Country Hotel
$93
  • Pool
$70
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel(Lowestoft)(Great Value!)
$57
Travelodge
$69
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Wherry Hotel(Oulton Broad)(Great Value!)
$123
  • Breakfast included
Parkhill(Lowestoft)
All reviewscourtyard roomoulton broadtravelzoo offerconverted barnhotel groundssummer housefillet steaklovely hotelextensive groundsbar menugroupon deallovely groundsnature reservecream teamain restaurantfriendly receptionistroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We only stayed one night but would definately have stayed longer. The hotel was in a lovely setting with Oulton Broads to the back, we stayed in one of the rooms set in a courtyard. The room was spacious, clean and very well maintained. Even with a spare bed added to the room for a 9 year old there was still a lot of space. The bathroom again was spacious with both a shower cubicle and a bath. Breakfast was served in a beamed barn looking out onto the hotel grounds. The breakfast was good quality and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommended the Ivy House.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SMW29
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a light lunch recently with friends in Eve's Bar which was very good with a lovely view of the extremely well kept gardens. The bar is light and airy with good decor and the service was also very good. We were able to enjoy a leisurely time chatting and were not hurried out as is often the case in some establishments. Their was a good selection of light meals/sandwiches in addition to afternoon teas and home made biscuits. However it would be good if the bar menu appeared on the hotel website to give potential customers an indication of prices and type of food being served in the bar.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. For a three star hotel this place, is a welcome overachiever, in B and B land of Lowestoft.

Positives:

1.The grounds are lovely.
2. the rooms are spacious and very clean. I had a suite which was £99 for one night. Bargain.
3. The staff were all really friendly, when I walked through the hotel everyone I met said hello or how was my day.
4. Breakfast was great and no extra charge.
5. The shower was amazing and it had Gilchrist and Soames shower gels and even mouth wash! You don't get that in some big hotels in London.
6. The food in the bar and restaurant was too notch, I had scallops with pee purée, hake in a saffron sauce and the chocolate burger ( now that was unusual but was divine, see photo)
7. The room had a mini bar.
8. People dressed for dinner and the dining room or Barn was brilliant.
9. They didn't take a copy of my credit card like chain hotels do for extras. It was nice for the hotel to trust its clients.

Negatives: very few

1. Room was noisy from footsteps above. But I'm a light sleeper. I did complain and got £20 off the bill. I will get another room maybe without a higher floor above. No one argued just gave me money off- nice touch.
2. The bar/restaurant service was a bit slow, even though it was a quiet midweek.
3. The rooms don't have aircon, but since England only is hot for two weeks a year, no biggie.

Overall, a great place to stay on business or pleasure, near to the coast but in a quiet rural spot. I'm booked in for next week which is a testiment to the lovely feel to the place and the service.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Superally2007
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We visited ivy farm for a birthday Sunday lunch. The food was very good, and was bought out very promptly.
But for us it was the staff who made the whole experience special. Nothing was too much trouble, and service with a smile makes such a difference.
We would definitely visit again, thanks to all.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We spent 2 nights at the beginning of August. We were impressed by the standard of fittings in the hotel and the dining room appeared to be a beautifully converted barn complete with rafters. Unfortunately dinner on on the Friday night was a big disappointment. I had overcooked fish accompanied by even more overcooked vegetables and lumpy potatoes, my daughter's food was equally poor. Maybe it was a chef's night off but a hotel of this standard should not risk its reputation by letting such meals be served at the prices charged.

I hope this was a one off because otherwise I would give 5 stars to the roms and staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family