“Forgtet the look, the beer, food and atmosphere are fantastic.”
Review of Sailors Home

Sailors Home
Ranked #40 of 179 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

It looks a little run down but the beer, food and atmosphere are fantastic. We had cod, caught by the landlord that day - now that's fresh!

Ideal for walkers, cyclist and nearby campers.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

stopped off on way back to caravan warm friendly welcome even though we were srangers we visited twice once again during a evening even though we did,nt eat there the menu looked tempting

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Big thanks to Paul and all the staff at the Sailor's Home Pub in kessingland, just love the place, best pint of Adams Ale served in Suffolk, and you will find it a challenge to find any better fish & chips anywhere in the UK, very friendly pub and a must if visiting Kessingland.

1  Thank funkydiscomonkey
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I visited this restaurant for lunch with my family and was impressed by the food. We had scampi and chips and fish and chips and they certainly give your money's worth in terms of portion sizes. The menu is varied but somewhat expensive. There is a fine selection of ales. There is a nice seating area outside, ideal in the summer. I must admit the first time we visited we were all very impressed, having recently moved to the area this was going to be our local. It was extremely disappointing therefore that we received a very rude welcome on our second visit. We went in the bar early evening and I asked the gentleman if they were serving food yet, as it was empty. He had no time for us at all, looked at the clock and then back at me with a look of disdain and simply said 'nah'. I questioned when they would be serving. To which he replied 'in an hour, but you should have booked a table as we're always full'. We walked out very unhappy by the lack of customer consideration, he really couldn't be bothered to make us feel like we should bother booking up. I walked the dog past there later that night and it was half full. We haven't bothered going back since.

4  Thank Scott F
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We took our Motorhome up to the Caravan Club site at Kessingland for a few days and found this pub outside the entrance, practically on the beach. On the "Specials" was pan-fried fillet steak at £12.95, so we didn't bother to look at the menu. Really excellent steaks, and perfectly cooked with chips and peas. The locals are a friendly bunch, if rather loud and raucous at times, but then England were playing that night, so no more than you would expect, although the language was a little ripe for some tastes. At the end of the evening I went to settle my tab and was told that the Landlord, on a whim, had decided to charge us only £10 each for the steaks - an absolute bargain!

1  Thank Patrick R