“home from home best place to stay in lowestoft”

Bon-Ami Guest House
Bon-Ami Guest House
Ranked #23 of 28 Lowestoft B&B and Inns
blackpool
“home from home best place to stay in lowestoft”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I found my self having to stay in Lowestoft over night .Bon-Ami Guest house looked good from out side with some very nice flowers looking well after all the sun we have had had been looked after very well. So I booked in the place was very clean and I was looked after as well as she had looked after the flowers so I was very happy to start the day so good luck to then keep up the good work.no swimming pool just the sea which looked very good

Room Tip: book first
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wigan, Lancashire
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at Bon-Ami as a last minute stay when we were touring the Norfolk coast. Julie and Barry were extremely accommodating and very helpful giving us local information about the lighthouses that we were planning to visit. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast hot and delicious. The rate was very reasonable and would definitely stay there again :-)

Room Tip: We were in room 6 which was at the rear, so if you want a view of the sea and sunrise, opt for a fro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

One of the best B&Bs we've ever been to. The cooked breakfast was gorgeous and the room was fantastic value for money, ensuite with a four-poster bed. Julie and Barry were very nice and friendly, and we'll definitely come here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have been visiting Bon Ami regularly now for about 8 years, usually a couple of times a year. Julie and Barry always make us feel as though we are at home, or visiting family members, and remember things like my food allergies and what we like to drink for breakfast without any need for a reminder, and will do anything they can to make your stay just as you want it. The room with the four-poster bed is lovely, large and airy and comfortable with a tremendous view. An added bonus in my view is the fact that a freshly cooked breakfast comes on HOT plates! I would unhesitatingly recommend Bon Ami to anyone visiting Lowestoft and am already looking forward to our next visit..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We stayed at the Bon Ami on a one night stop-over. Julie & Barry were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was nice & large, with a four poster bed and en-suite. There was plenty of tea & coffee making supplies including nice size mugs as opposed to tiddly cups you sometimes get! Breakfast was excellent! Lots of cereal choice, fruit juice, fresh coffee and a lovely cooked breakfast to follow. My husband is glucose intolerant and I had asked about sugar-free cereals, so he had a choice of weetabix or bran flakes.
Highly recommended! We will certainly go back if in the area again.
Easy to find with parking right outside

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana_Elliott
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in the Bon Ami in August 2010 and had such a great time we stayed there again in August 2011. Both times we stayed in the best room with the 4 poster bed and the sea view and we found the value for money fantastic. Julie and Barry were great and even though Fried Bread wasn't on the breakfast menu, Julie did some for us and did it a treat. The Sausages were so good we even asked her where she got them from! Both times we found the room very clean. Parking is easy right outside and though the guesthouse is a 15 minute walk from the town centre it's along the sea front. We hope to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This guest house is what you expect for the price, adequate rooms and service.

I paid £40 for a single room which had 2 single beds in in and an en suite.

The breakfast was very poor, low quality sausages and bacon and the whole dining room smelt of burnt bacon.

I would not have commented on Trip Advisor for any of the above as you get what you pay for, however, on check out when I paid my £40 for my room, I was stunned by the owners comment ................... "I'll let you off this time but you should really pay more than £40 as someone slept in the other bed in your room"

This was said in front of a dining room full of guests and everyone looked at me in disgust. I went on to explain that my friends' (who were staying in another room on Bon-Ami) 4 year old daughter slept in my room that night, but unfortunately the damge had been done and I ended up leaving the guest house rather red-faced even though I had done nothing wrong.

It wasnt until my friends and I left and discussed this comment that we wished we'd said that their daughter didnt use her bed in my friends room so therefore this comment was unwarranted.

Needless to say, I will not be staying here again or recommending anyone else to.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends