“Avoid in the Winter!!”
Review of Parkhill

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lowestoft
Parkhill
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lowestoft
London
“Avoid in the Winter!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel last week and have to say it made me ill staying there!! I checked in very late and asked the 1 and only member of staff they had if the heating in my room was working she told me I could adjust it by turning the knob on the radiator. This was obvioulsy not the case the room was felt like a freezer. My nose started running as I was shivering under the thin duvet. I put on more layers of clothing but never managed to warm up.
I eventually found an emergency contact number and managed to get someone to come over with a electric heater. It was obvious and very annoying thta the heating in that room has never been on. The room also had a stale musky smell and was quite dirty. The bathroom is in need of reburbishment. I would never stay here again nor recommend

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Jay B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my friend.Couldnt fault the place at all, location was great, hotel suroundings where beautiful and the staff where very friendly and always happy to help. Hotel is old yes, but i think it gives it character compared to the premier inns i usualy stay in.
Food was excellet and lots of beaches near by for days trips.
I had a fantastic time and i would happily stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank holly543
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2011

i spent two two nights at parkhill,and i found it very good value for the money,all the staff were helpfull and friendly, will go back if in the area,thank you peter

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here on a recent business trip after a randomn decision to follow the road signs to this place rather than stay in a predictable premier inn - randomn is certainly what I got!

The service was excellent & staff were friendly, helpful & happy to help - I changed my first room as I wanted a bathroom with a shower. I stayed in a family room & had an evening meal in the bar. Food was ok - room was ... odd! The ensuite was installed underneath a staircase so the sloping ceiling made it feel really claustrophobic. Some of the light fittings are ripped / half melted & the stained ironing board should be replaced. Otherwise the room was generally clean.

Could be a really great place if the rooms were upgraded to the 21st century.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I was suggested to stay here by a friend's recommendation (did not see these reviews before) and I really enjoyed my stay. Staying somewhere with staff who talk to you and make you feel 'at home' as well as a bedrooms which show the hotel's character is a good thing for me - I dont know what smell everyone is talking about!! Grounds are beautiful and the whole atmosphere is better than you would get in a travel inn. For those who want something different this hotel is great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TotalTraveller101
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night for a friend wedding.... the marquee was lovely etc BUT the hotel and rooms really were awful!! You walk into the reception to be hit by a very musky smell, everywhere looked dirty - fair enough it is old place with old furniture but all very dirty and dusty :( We checked in and went into room 12 which we was in another building outside... walked in and wanted to walk out!! Very dated room, things were broken or falling off - duvet cover was so old fashioned and looked like it had never been washed... dirty stains on carpet... bathroom was back in the 70's, the place really needed an upgrade and a thorough clean. We changed rooms to room 2 which was further at the back in a barn - looked nice from the outside but was awful in there, smelly and damp. Same grotty bed covers and old fashioned tv/bathroom/hairdryer/kettle etc - just soooo bad! We saw our friends rooms that were in the actual hotel and they were a little better - still not clean though with tea still in teapots!! lovely!
The bar in the hotel was the most darkiest dirtiest bar ive ever been too - they were serving gone off milk (lumps aswell - arghh!) and every glass was dirty - yuck.
Didnt dare stay for brekkie in the morning - we left really early and never looked back. £54 a night was a complete rip off seeing as the Travellodge 5mins away was £30 - clean and nice.
Shame as this place could be nice as the gardens etc are lovely - just needs a refurb!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thecoopers2011
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2008

The night I arrived down from Aberdeen, there was a mist in the grounds that sat about 3ft, giving the place a very spooky look.

I stayed here for 1 week my company tried to get me to go back to the same hotel the following week, I asked to be moved to another hotel.

The room was nice and large, but with a broken window, the staff were friendly enough but not happy in their work.

The breakfast was fine but the bar meals were pretty poor, I asked for a baked potato and got a shriveled up brown thing on a plate with an unrecognisable filling.

If you do not have a vehicle it is too far to walk to anything resembling night life, one night after working late, I had a quick meal and went up to get showered. I came down to the bar at 10pm for a nightcap to find the whole hotel in darkness and the bar shut, with nowhere to go without a taxi.

The other hotel I moved to, I was very happy with and stayed there for two months, whilst seconded to Lowestoft.

• Liked — The room was a good size
  • Disliked — Evening meals not very great, bar was shut at 10pm on a friday night
  • Stayed October 2003, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Ivy House Country Hotel
Best Western The Hotel Hatfield
The Pier Hotel
The Pier Hotel
#2 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea

Been to Parkhill? Share your experiences!