“Pretty good, will return”

Best Western The Hotel Hatfield
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Lowestoft
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I paid £65 for a doubled bedded (executive) room with sea view and then just over £20 for a decent evening meal with coffee (I could have paid half that if I'd gone before seven and eaten off the carvery). So how was it? Well the room was clean and warm (the only downside being that I still needed to go down then up a small flight of stairs after exiting the lift which was a pain with the usual plethora of luggage I normally take with me). The entrance is also up steps too.
The food, well, in al honesty, a little bland in taste but filling none the less and served by a smiling staff. Breakfast too was good albeit that with he exception of cooked food, you self-served the rest including drinks but what the hell, you do that in the Holiday Inn Express hotels!
Overall a good hotel for a January business stay over.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a lovely suprise. We have paid much more to stay in poor quality hotels and never so little to stay in such a nice place. This hotel had everything we needed, a very clean room, a lovely bathroom...and best of all the most confortable hotel bed we have ever slept in.
The staff were extremely helpful....nothing appeared to be any trouble for them what so ever.
And in response to the person that doesn't like making his own toast....I do because you can not get it any fresher...and if its cold then its my own fault.
Thanks for a lovely 2 night break.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The service from the staff could not be faulted and the views across the sea from the dining room were something else. Decor is very dark and dingy throughout the hotel which doesn't appear to have been updated. My room was well furnished, but again dark and dingy although spotlessly clean. Plenty of clean fresh towels and quality toiletries, shame about the cracked toilet seat. The breakfast was average. Help yourself to :- cereal - only choice of cornflakes, rice krispies and muesli - all from big dispensers, yoghurts, juice and fruit. Had to make my own toast, no rack to put it in, coffee and tea from pump action hot flasks. Not what I would expect from a hotel. Hot menu was good although there was a surcharge for certain items. I've had better breakfasts in small B&B's. Didn't eat in at the restaurant so couldn't comment on that. When all said though, reasonable value for the money I paid. I booked through Late Rooms and paid considerably less than if I had booked direct with the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had a meal in Mortons on a Saturday lunchtime and was very impressed with the experience. The food was of excellent quality and exceptional value and the service was friendly and efficient. The panoramic view of the sea from the restaurant was dramatic, despite the dull and overcast weather conditions. I certainly intend to visit this establishment again in the not-too-distant futuure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tiliacus
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I took my wife out for a meal at Mortons. The whole place is decorated lovely with lots of festive spirit! The service was excellent! Many friendly staff members! The General Manager Aaron was very happy to help and to my amazement i am certain he changed into Chef whites and also did some cooking whilst we were there. He seems a valuable asset to this hotel! The food was fantastic and great value for money. We had a bad experience here a few years ago and this was the first time back and the difference is Incredible we will definately be returning and bringing some friends along too!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visited Morton's Bar & Grill on a Saturday Lunchtime in September as a family group of ten Adults, 3 young children & a baby. The staff quickly found us a corner of the restaurant we could all fit into with adequate space for 2 pushchairs. Some of us had the carvery (£5) & others the fixed price (£5.99) 2 course fish & chips with a choice of sweet. Everyone enjoyed the food they had & said they would visit there again when in Lowestoft as we all felt it was good value for money. The hotel is pleasantly situated on the seafront with good views of the sea. It could be a problem for guests with mobility problems as there were quite a few steps up to the entrance, but as we were all able bodied this did not cause us a problem, although pushchairs & very young children did need to be carried up the steps.
All in all a pleasant experience for our family group.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Went there with my elderly mother who is disabled I phoned in advance to ask where the disabled entrance is was told we don't have one. No ramp concrete steps up to the reception. When asked if disability discrimination act did not apply in Lowestoft the manager became defensive. No staff bothered to help. Food was mediocre tables in function room were badly laid out. The seating plan was on a flip chart with legs sticking out, a trip hazard.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wendy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
Allseasons Hotels by Tingdene
The Kings Head Hotel
The Kings Head Hotel
#1 of 2 in Beccles

Been to Best Western The Hotel Hatfield? Share your experiences!