Best Western The Hotel Hatfield
Parkhill(Lowestoft)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssea viewelizabeth suitefamily mealsea frontfish and chipsoverlooking the beachdecking areasunday carveryan evening mealfull englishtown centretea and coffeesaturday nightlong weekendplenty of choicemortonsshelley
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had a meal in Mortons on a Saturday lunchtime and was very impressed with the experience. The food was of excellent quality and exceptional value and the service was friendly and efficient. The panoramic view of the sea from the restaurant was dramatic, despite the dull and overcast weather conditions. I certainly intend to visit this establishment again in the not-too-distant futuure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tiliacus
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I took my wife out for a meal at Mortons. The whole place is decorated lovely with lots of festive spirit! The service was excellent! Many friendly staff members! The General Manager Aaron was very happy to help and to my amazement i am certain he changed into Chef whites and also did some cooking whilst we were there. He seems a valuable asset to this hotel! The food was fantastic and great value for money. We had a bad experience here a few years ago and this was the first time back and the difference is Incredible we will definately be returning and bringing some friends along too!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visited Morton's Bar & Grill on a Saturday Lunchtime in September as a family group of ten Adults, 3 young children & a baby. The staff quickly found us a corner of the restaurant we could all fit into with adequate space for 2 pushchairs. Some of us had the carvery (£5) & others the fixed price (£5.99) 2 course fish & chips with a choice of sweet. Everyone enjoyed the food they had & said they would visit there again when in Lowestoft as we all felt it was good value for money. The hotel is pleasantly situated on the seafront with good views of the sea. It could be a problem for guests with mobility problems as there were quite a few steps up to the entrance, but as we were all able bodied this did not cause us a problem, although pushchairs & very young children did need to be carried up the steps.
All in all a pleasant experience for our family group.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Went there with my elderly mother who is disabled I phoned in advance to ask where the disabled entrance is was told we don't have one. No ramp concrete steps up to the reception. When asked if disability discrimination act did not apply in Lowestoft the manager became defensive. No staff bothered to help. Food was mediocre tables in function room were badly laid out. The seating plan was on a flip chart with legs sticking out, a trip hazard.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My partner and I stayed one night (a Saturday) at this hotel at the end of October 2012. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and given the keys to a top floor room which was a reasonable size, had a great view of the sea, loads of tea, coffee, biscuits, fudge and a beautifully re-fitted bathroom. The room was also spotlessly clean.

Before going out we had a drink in the bar and were once again greeted by friendly and chatty staff. The restaurant is next to the bar which apparently does excellent dinners. to me it seemed a bit brightly but the price of the carvery is unbelievable at £3.49 for 1 course and £4.99 for 2!!!

When we returned to the hotel late a night we noticed that there is a nightclub next to the hotel. This did not disturb our sleep at all in fact I fell asleep listening to the waves crashing onto the beach. The next days breakfast was excellent and plentiful.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for a short break.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor room and if you can get a sea facing room it is worth the extra cost for the view and the sound of the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple