“A decent place to visit.”
Review of The Jolly Sailors

The Jolly Sailors
Ranked #12 of 184 Restaurants in Lowestoft
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's a very decent pub to eat at, and it has a great sea view of Pakefield beach. A tad pricey for a pub in Lowestoft, I would, however, reccommend something as simple as a plate of chips. They're the best seaside chips I've ever had, and I often find myself saying 'these chips aren't as good as Jolly Sailors'.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table as was told gets very busy, arrived and was pleasantly greeted and was shown to our table, me and my partner plus two other people were there. Asked if we were having carvery and said yes and was told to go up, was offered a drink so we asked for a coke each. Queued up for food , the man who served us was pleasant enough. Sat down to eat, food wasn't very hot and potatoes were hard. Finished dinner and still never received drink. Went to pay as was gonna be charged for drinks until I mentioned that we never received them, and lady wasn't very apologetic either!!! Won't be coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Claracluck1974
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great views, friendly staff. Normal pub fare. Good fish and chips. Average prices. Been there many times. Would visit again.

1  Thank john a
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We visit nearby Beccles from time to time, and have now been here several times over 5 or 6 years . Always served good food, yes portions on the large side. Last saturday, myself, wife, her brother and their elderly mother went of lunch. I had the Haddock. Mrs has scampi, B-in-L the lamb shank , and Mrs-in-law an omelette. Excellent service though I just detected that the cooking was perhaps not quite as good as previous visits. Batter in fish was a bit thin, and the shank looked unappetising, came without gravy but with a small pot to pour on. This made it look dry.
cost £39 + grats for 4 inc a drink each

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very good service, excellent food (but too much for my little appetite!) and would visit again. Very often booked up but Monday evening was a good choice!

1  Thank 101Grace