“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winelodge Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Winelodge Suites
manchester
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Apartments a couple of weeks ago due to business. Upon parking up in the Winelodge (very similar to a Weatherspoons) pub, I got the keys to find I was in the Penthouse Suite. I had booked this via Laterooms. The Apartment on first impressions was fab! Usually staying in hotel rooms, I wasn't quite sure what to do with all the space. It was pretty much open plan, decent TV in lounge area, huge equipped kitchen. On closer inspection, the floor / apartment could have done with a good hoovering (there was a cig butt on the floor in the kitchen for example, and some sort of green dye in one of the many sinks!). The bedroom was nicely furnished, as the rest of the apartment, however there were dodgy floorboards at the end of the bed, some sort of trapdoor under the carpet? I didn't stand on this bit as I was unsure why it slumped. Also the TV wasn't tuned in in the bedroom which was a shame. The bathroom / separate shower again was very well presented. The shower was pretty weak but no worse than a hotel room to be fair. As I am a lone traveller when on business, I would have preferred to have the key to what was a backdoor, just so I know no one could walk in (my own piece of mind). I suppose as well being on my own, it was a little strange and it was so quiet so any noises from other apartments sounded alot louder. However it would be a fantastic base for a family visit, and will most likely return with my family for a short break.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

On pulling up at the suites, I was filled with a big sense of dead... Pub, grotty car park, tired shops and litter. Went to find reception, it's in the pub... No signs to show you where! However, when we opened the apartment, I was pleasently surprised. Huge apartment, big bedrooms, large bathroom... very nice indeed. However, when you look closely, its not very well maintained, chips out the wall, dents in the ceiling, dusty surfaces. It only has small double beds which i don't expect in an apartment of this size. All in all though, as a base for a lowestoft, yarmouth area, it's good! Very good value for money. The car park is an issue, its just not big enough. On out second night we spent a good 30 mins driving round (There is no parking on the road) waiting for someone to leave so we could park overnight. AND there is a train line at the back... which isn't too busy with trains, but noisy when they come!. Just FYI!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had booked the Winelodge Hotel but got a call to say that there was no availability, so I was upgraded at no extra cost to the Suites. I booked this through Laterooms and paid £50 for the night which given the appartment, was a bargain.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Martin B
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay its now even better since they now do a full english breakfast. Will defo be going back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debs2258
suffollk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

this was an anniversay trip for us and i was tempted by the words "penthouse" and "sunken bath". the apartment was absolutely enormous and really beautifully decorated, well equipped, spotlessly clean, helpful staff, peaceful and luxurious.

I would only suggest -in keeping with the rest of the apartment - there really should be a super king sized bed instead of a regular double and patio furniture is needed on the balcony.

I will definately be putting this on my regular list when we need a "treat"

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sambabee_12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have attend a number of 'functions' at the Winelodge, and having read the most recent review on here, I feel I should add a more reasonable approach.

Whilst, I must admit, the room does not appear at first the most obvious choice for a venue for a party/celebration (due to decor/layout as opposed to size) it certainly lends itself to a very comfortable, relaxed evening. Sofa's make a welcome break from the usual benching/hard seats. I have also found the table/searing arrangements (the amount asked for by the organiser) more than adequate.

The bar is a tad too small for a busy night in my opinion ( which probably explains the lack of bars stools...), although for those who are in desperate need of immediate liquid refreshment, the main bar can be found down only a few steps. A change, as they say, is as good as a rest! Having said that, this is not overly noticeable due to the hard working bar staff, who also manage to be more than cheerful and a good laugh too!

Both Dj's I have encountered have been very approachable and friendly. In fact, at one function I attended last year the lady went home and collected all of her own gear, rushed back, set up and carried on when there was a technical fault with the rooms equipment. I am not saying this to make out the Winelodge has shoddy technology, just to support how good their entertainment staff are!!! And she smiled a lot. And laughed. And looked good. Ahem, well, anyway. The dance floor is small, although thankfully, after years of training, I am now competent in dancing on a wide range of surfaces (including carpets! And rugs...) and the music, I have to say, has not always been to my taste, but I guess that's what happens when a room full of individuals make an untold number of requests....

Food (buffet only) from my experience has been more than satisfactory, the 'facilities' have been clean and 'appropriately stocked' (if you know what I mean!), unless some of the party goers have made a mess there and overall a good time has been had by all.

I cannot say anything about the accommodation - I haven't had any experience of it.

I look forward to receiving my next invite to a function here, I know what will be in store - a comfortable, enjoyable evening (well, that may depend on who does the inviting.....).

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank SuperTed83
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

well floors wasnt cleaned.....floor dipped in large patch in bedroom.....dust over all units.........sofas dipped as seen better days........no table n chairs to be able sit out on verranda......power shower your having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more power came out off a dripping sink then that........and the bed well being in penthouse you,d off thought be something special lol well dirty old divan that had leg missing so was lop sidded and bed was so uncomfortable lumpy pillows so wasnt worth the money and if i had to give them money i would of been well you should off paid me!!!!! staff lol not helpful!!! can only pay with cards or 5 10 20 pound notes!!

Room Tip: dont go there