New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Lowestoft
Windsor, United Kingdom
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just for weekend stayed at Lowestoft Hotel. Very Good welcome nothing too much trouble. In our room not big but the only thing missing a small cupboard is needed for underwear etc. Our room 18 ground level was feet away from parking cars and as guests left early morning late night arrivals woke us up. Very good quality bedding though a little hot for a fluffy quilt. Easy parking and Harvester the usual mix of choice. Our only gripe was that when we left in the morning to go out we removed the do not disturb sign and on our return despite the housekeeping cart outside our door. No housekeeping no made up bed or clean towels or more coffee. no reception staff any ware to be seen. made do with what we had. overall we had a great weekend as very good value as offer price.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good stay here and very friendly staff. Welcomed to the hotel by Steve and had a good laugh with him. Kim was very helpful with restaurant information and Jo searched for a memory card which I had mislaid and even left a note to let me know she couldn't find it. This was found when I got home!

Well situated hotel with plenty of parking space. Harvester restaurant/bar a few minutes walk away and a Tesco which did a good breakfast just across the road.

Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Godalming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff who made us feel very welcome. The room was was excellent - comfortable beds, quiet and spotlessly clean. There is a Harvester restaurant and a pub nearby as well as a large Tesco supermarket across the road. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Good place to stay , local to town centre. Supermarket close, good places to eat. The room was clean and quiet. Just what you need after a long drive. Breakfast not good value for money. Otherwise good.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Reception staff were very pleasant. The room was clean and in good condition. Nice firm mattress on the bed and it was very quiet in the travelodge despite being busy. Ate at the Harvester which was convenient and you get what you pay for. Would definitely use this travelodge again - it's much better than many others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We picked this hotel as it was possible to get there on a service bus all the way from home, approx. 85 miles. It turned out to be a good choice. We had a disabled room next to reception so very easy to access. This had the 'fresh new look' but unfortunately still does not include two chairs - still only one plastic tub chair.
The reception staff were all very helpful and Stephen knew how to out subtitles on the tv. Great as this avoids having the volume very high.
There is a 24 hour Tesco opposite.
The restaurant is a short walk which is along the main access road entrance as we didn't find another way in. Weather was good but in wet, cold weather might be a problem.
The X1 bus to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth stop at the same bus stop opposite. There is also direct service to Southwold/Norwich so ideal for folks like us us with a concessionary bus pass.
We went to the open day at the Anglian Transport Museum just outside Lowestoft. The admission included rides on vintage trams, double decker buses. What a difference to today's buses. There used to be no room for the smallest pushchairs now wheelchairs, double buggies a can all use public transport. The X1 also has a visual display of the next stop as well as spoken information.

Room Tip: Contact hotel a few days prior to stay if you have a specific request. There.is no fitness centre.
1 Thank Coastaltraveller2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Beyond excellent is a fraise that comes to mind when thinking about the Travel Lodge in Lowerstoft. The reason for the title of this review is that Travel Lodge Lowerstoft are currently hosting myself, my partner, my aunts and my parents as we have all come together for the occasion that is my 40th birthday. Why is this important? I hear you say. Well from the second I booked the room (a room big enough to cater for my wheelchair) they have gone far and above (believe me way above) their expected role to ensure that this visit has been one that I will fondly remember for many years to come. Nothing has been too much trouble when I have asked for assistance and the welcome has been the warmest I have ever received in ANY hotel I have ever been in. They have gone out of their way to help me celebrate my birthday (even going as far as to put banners up in my room and present me with a personally written birthday card). They have been courteous and professional at all times but have done so with such grace and respect. They have continuously made sure that we were happy and that everything we needed was to hand and are always looking to go that little extra mile to make our stay the best that I have ever experienced in a Travel Lodge hotel. I have stayed in hotels in much higher price brackets that have not been able to match the quality of service that the Lowerstoft Travel Lodge has given. The team here have set the bar (really high) to which all my future hotel visits will be measured by. I look forward to many many more visits to this gem of a hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jack U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Premier Inn Lowestoft Hotel
Travelodge Great Yarmouth Hotel
Travelodge Great Yarmouth Hotel
#3 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea
4.5 of 5 stars 223 reviews

Been to Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel? Share your experiences!