“Superb B&B”

and 1 more site!
Baytree House
Ranked #7 of 28 Lowestoft B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Myself and three others stayed at Baytree Guest House on business in July whilst completing a job in the area. What was originally planned as a week to ten days job ended up being almost three weeks. Well Liz at the Baytree Guest House accommodated us brilliantly! She was a fantastic host, nothing was too much trouble and she provided excellent service for the entire stay. The breakfasts were always delicious and the rooms regularly cleaned. Could not fault this fab B&B, would highly recommend and return again when in the area.

Room Tip: The new Annex is particularly good to stay in
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Baytree House

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at Baytree Guest House at the weekend. After reading such highly regarded reviews my expectations were obviously high. Well...it certainly went beyond what I expected! Liz greeted us on arrival and what a lovely host she is, so welcoming and gave us a lot of information about the local area and restaurants to visit. Nothing was too much trouble for Liz. The house is beautiful, clean and kept very well with fresh flowers and lovely homely touches throughout.
We were very impressed with our double room, such good value for money. It was clean, had lovely decor and was very comfortable. The breakfast was the best I've ever had, the homemade breads and jams are delicious! The staff were also very helpful, friendly and attentive.

I would highly reccomend Baytree House and will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Lowestoft. Most inviting and best B&B I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed in this B&B for one night and had high expectations as other reviews were good. When we arrived we were told that the owner Liz was sick and given our two rooms.
We never got to have afternoon tea in the award winning garden. I asked about it and the girl left in charge was not sure if it could be done and would check, no it couldn't be as she couldn't find the scones!
I was rung when we were having dinner out (because we had got there to find evening meals were not currently on offer although advertised) and told that one of us had the wrong room, we had booked a single and a double but had been given two doubles and a couple had turned up for their double room (this was at 8, we checked in at 3.30) Liz the owner did say she was sorry but then went on to ask me had I not realised I had booked a single and been given a double. She didn't seem happy when after agreeing to move, (although with people there waiting for the room what choice did I have) I said we were out having dinner and they would need to wait until we got back for me to collect my stuff (which was unpacked) and wanted to know how long we would be.
When we got back, the earlier in the day very poorly owner had made a miraculous recovery and she once again asked me had I not realised I had booked a single room and when I said it was not my responsibility to ensure I have the right room often people get put in a double when they have booked a single she said that yes she does upgrade people too but she had said she was sorry and "its not that much hassle is it?"
Who is she to say what is a hassle for me and yes actually being rung up whilst you are out having a meal and feeling pressured to rush back clear up your stuff and move to another room IS HASSLE!
Whilst mistakes do happen when will people like Liz learn how to put them right, you work in a service industry! It's not about blaming the customer for something which is not their fault but seeing how it can be put right so no one is left feeling like I do now.
Oh and the sign says disabled access throughout, but there is a staircase to the first floor and no lift and no other means of getting up there except walking so how is this "disabled access throughout?!"
I would never stay here again and despite other more positive reviews would absolutely not recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank MissScarlet19
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were very lucky to find Baytree, only stayed one night but would highly recommend it.
Met by the lovely Lisa we were shown to our huge and comfortable rooms with super en suite bathrooms. Baytree is in a lovely quite street 15mins walk to town and beach.
Sadly Lisa not able to do evening meals but if you can find a better breakfast then please let me know, home baked bread etc etc, a lovely homely B&B

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A delightful place, comfortable room and a great breakfast. Close to all the amenities. The host are wonderful and very helpful and gave lots of information. Home made bread and marmalade were a real bonus. Parking was nearby.Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2013

after reading such glowing reviews I expect much more !! I originally booked their other guest house couple miles along coast, but after being told just ONE day before that it would not be open I was offered similar at Bay tree, was not really happy as did not know that end of beach, but was my hubby and I birthday weekend so decided to try it, after ascertaining they had no twin with ensuite was told they would put a extra bed in a double, unfortunately when arrived this had not been done !! and they had gone on holiday leaving it to son and very young girl, in fairness they did offer to move in another bed, but after our long journey we did not fancy the disruption of them taking chairs out and moving bed in etc. After looking round that end of town I found it very scruffy and was also blocked across the pavement by a very dodgy looking skin head asking me if I wanted to buy some shoes ????. when we got in that evening discovered also no bulb in beside lamp on my side OR in bathroom and that sink did not hold water just seeped through plug hole. Also forgot to tell Liz about HUGE cobweb behind one of the curtains. As owners were on holiday I texted last night and Liz rang today, with NO sympathy at all when I asked if we could have discounted couple of days at other place on next occasion, saying " cannot discount for two none working light bulbs !!!. but as hubby has walking disabilities and we sleep as a rule separately it was more of an issue of light bulbs. Breakfast was good though :-) and room nice with tea coffee and biscuits, just would have liked my dissatisfaction to have been taken more seriously!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julindy
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lovely friendly welcome, happy to let us check in early to go and visit family nearby. Rooms clean and spacious with large en-suite shower room.
Excellent breakfast in the morning with yummy home made bread.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sorcery
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowestoft
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
#1 of 4 in Gorleston-on-Sea
Britten House
Britten House
#4 of 28 in Lowestoft

Been to Baytree House? Share your experiences!