“East End Excellence” 4 of 5 bubbles

East End Arms
Ranked #30 of 119 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fordingbridge
“East End Excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were introduced to this pub & the beautiful beach walk nearby by friends a couple of months ago so decided to return to celebrate a joint birthday. Arrived early so had a beer in the public bar which was very pleasant & very reasonably priced (£3 for guest beers). Had olives & gorgeous fresh bread (4 different varieties) as an appetiser & we all opted for the lamb roast which smelled heavenly when we entered the restaurant & proved to be extremely tasty with a very moreish gravy. Meal was accompanied by a wonderful Argentinian Malbec, which really hit the mark. It turned out to be a very enjoyable occasion & I would recommend this as an eatery. Would have scored a five but the runner beans with the dinner were tough, kitchen forgot to include the roast potatoes (which was quickly rectified) & we did ask in the morning of the trip if the table of 3 could be increased to 4 to include my son but this was firmly rejected - so a bit inflexible.

• Visited October 2013

Lymington, England, United Kingdom
“Day to remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Wonderful service from staff, delicious food and drink for our special Golden Wedding Lunch here on September 14th. They couldn't have been more pleasant, friendly and helpful and so willing to ensure that this was a truly special occasion. We were a party of 30 and our guests were surprised at the quality of the food and service. Loads of special attention to detail such as golden sunflowers on tables and around room, in keeping with the occasion. Can definitely recommend it and will be back for more!

• Visited September 2013
Wells-next-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Wonderful scrambled eggs, cooked to perfection, and generous amount of smoked salmon. Coffee good too!

Visited September 2013
bath
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had been reading reviews on this pub and the Dire Straights connection was enough to convince my other half to take me there.Nice relaxing atmosphere,with pleasing décor and lots of interesting pictures hanging on the walls.Now to the food.Yummy.I had simple Ham egg and chips and they were far from simple.Beautiful thick pieces of home cooked ham served with real chips! and home made picallili,delicios because I don't normally like the bottled stuff.My Husband had beer battered haddock with melt in the mouth batter.All very enjoyable thankyou

• Visited September 2013
Dorking, United Kingdom
“I thought good country pubs like this had become extinct!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Last time I had food this good I was sat in a stuffy posh restaurant with a pompus waiter breathing down my neck and the bill made me wince. NOT the case here. Great relaxed atmosphere in a lovely country pub. Lively staff who were keen to please and seemed to care. A good, well kept, real ale will always get me in a good mood. No lengthy wait for our food can only add to the good mood. We were in a group of 7 and none of us could fault our meals. I had the best calves liver of 49 year old my life! We asked to move outside for our deserts and coffee as the day had improved. They said it was perfectly alight to do so; no reluctance or long faces from staff. And finally the bill was very reasonable. We will be coming back.

• Visited August 2013