“Good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A good choice of starters, main courses and desserts, and good value food. We would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went for dinner as a party of four. Had a pre dinner drink on the sofas by a nice warm log fire. We all enjoyed our dinner (venison, trout and pork all received particular compliments and mince pie ice cream was a festive, tasty novelty). Would recommend very strongly. Wine was good and all reasonably priced.

1  Thank DG016
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food was good but rather small portions. I am not actually that keen on puddings but needed another dish on this occasion. And despite having three courses, my husband still felt hungry! We also had to order bread as an extra and were compelled to pay for an accompanying bowl of olives which we didn't want. I would rather pay a bit more for decent portions and bread as inclusive so I think we'll be giving it a miss in future.

3  Thank JRG555
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I took my son and his girlfriend for lunch at the East End Arms on Sunday. It was a typical autumn day and it was lovely to see two comfortable sofas by a roaring log fire and Sunday papers to browse through if you were not dining.

The Broccoli and Stilton soup and the terrine starters were excellent and then two of us had the Roast Beef, which was was pink, melt-in-the-mouth with delicious flavour plus yummy roast potatoes and vegetables and some green veg too. The gravy was perfect and it was all hot!!
My son was equally complimentary about his roast lamb. My husband had home made fishcakes with home made tartare sauce and crushed minted peas which he said were both excellent. He also said that the french fries were as good as Belgian frites (and he thinks the Belgians have the best frites in the world, so high praise indeed). The portion sizes were just right but we were too full to have desserts. Two of us had very nice Chenin Blanc wine and my husband had Ringwood draught beer. The staff were fun and friendly and very efficient. Although the restaurant was full, the meals were served very swiftly. It was a splendid Sunday lunch. Thank you East End Arms .... you'll be seeing us again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

lovely pub..very relaxed ..slightly yuppyish with the range rover crowd..but bar that!, a very special restaurant to visit

food was excellent although rather slow ..40 minutes for main when it wasnt busy was pretty poor but the the food (albeit slightly small portions)was excellent...a high standard that is rare in new forest pubs..red lion boldre ,take note.

will definitely go back..but please increase the size of the portions!!

1  Thank michael t