This negative review is based on 3 main areas:
The accommodation is rated as 4 star and neither the accommodation nor the owner's attitude could be described as anything near 4 star.
The accommodation was (and still is) being mis-sold: it is not as advertised on the web-site.
The owner took £300 from my credit card at the end of the holiday without my knowledge or consent.
Please take the time to read this review which I hope you will find helpful.
I stayed at 'The Barn', Leyland Country House, with my son at the beginning of July 2012. The price was agreed at £550 for one week (no breakfast included) which is the high end for the size and type of accommodation. I booked on the basis of the description and supporting photographs of 'The Barn' as advertised on the web site. This information was and still is inaccurate and the owner is mis selling this accommodation.
On making the telephone booking with the owner, Ms Cairnes, I advised her that I was looking for self catering accommodation and she suggested 'The Barn'. I particularly wanted this type of accommodation as I plan all our meals beforehand, shop and bring everything with me so that no time is wasted during the holiday and enabling me to cook what I wanted, when I wanted. I checked the details and the photos which showed that 'The Barn' had the necessary equipment for my requirements and the description reads "The Kitchen is equip with “all mod cons”, including washing machine, microwave, grill with a 2 ring electric hob, up to the minute oven, fridge and freezer".(cut and pasted from web site).
On arrival I was amazed to find that the 'up to the minute oven' had been removed and a swing bin stood in the gap. The advertised '2 ring electric hob' had been replaced with 2 FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY camping butane gas burners which posed a significant health and safety risk (The Health and Safety Executive have advised Ms Cairnes to remove these).
The owner was nowhere to be found and, as there was no cooker, I was unable to cook the meal I had planned. I complained to 2 members of staff who advised me that there was a microwave and that Ms Cairnes would be informed of my complaint when she returned the following day. After a planned day out in the New Forest with friends, we returned to 'The Barn' and went in search of the owner. Ms Cairnes suggested that she did not know of my complaint and not only refused to listen but was hostile and abusive to myself and my son. She said that the microwave was also an oven and a grill (which did not work independently of the oven) and that "no-one else had complained". I politely informed her that this was not adequate self catering equipment and was not as advertised. She had ample time to inform me of the changes made before we came but had failed to do so and I was therefore not given the opportunity to make an informed decision on whether to accept the changes or not. She agreed that she should have let me know. I made her aware that I would not have booked this accommodation if I had been told of the removal of the cooker and changes to the equipment as it was not suitable for my requirements. I was left with no option but to use the dangerous gas burners and, without a conventional cooker or separate grill, I was extremely limited in what I could cook.
Ms Cairnes was paid a total of £350 (£200 deposit as requested by her and a further £150 cheque at the end of the holiday). I rejected Ms Cairnes' offer of a £20 discount and she finally accepted (and subsequently cashed) my cheque for £150 and she issued me with a signed receipt and wrote on it "full and final settlement". I therefore believed that this was the end of the matter.
Not only did Ms Cairnes cash both cheques totalling £350 but she also, WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT, took a further two amounts (totalling £300) from my credit card making a grand total of £650! On taking this up with my credit card company and providing them with all the evidence of my payments and Ms Cairnes' signed receipt, they informed me that there would be no problem getting my money back. Unfortunately, due to the credit card company failing to send the correct documentation at the right time, Ms Cairnes was allowed to keep the illegally obtained £300. The credit card company did refund me my £300 as it was their error but I feel it is appalling that Ms Cairnes has been allowed to keep the money that she took from my credit card and that she makes no apology for doing this. According to previous negative reviews, this is not the first time she has taken money from credit cards without authorisation.
Ms Cairnes did not feel able to respond to any of the points raised in letters sent to her after the holiday in respect of mis-selling, providing dangerous equipment and taking money from my credit card without authorisation. Her only comment was that it was up to us to leave if we weren't satisfied with the accommodation but, according to her terms and conditions, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE so of course she would be happy for her guests to leave!
If you are looking for a professional, helpful service and correctly advertised accommodation - don't go here. Should you decide to ignore this review and give it a go, it might be wise to keep your credit card details to yourself!
A few other points you might like to take into consideration are:
No storage space.
Poorly equipped kitchen and badly scratched frying pan.
Kettle provided with brown sludge in bottom (replaced on request).
Owner's children/friends parked within a few feet of bedroom window playing loud music/revving engine.
Health and Safety issue - microwave on top of fridge/freezer with power lead hanging down and plugged into an extension lead.
No bathmat provided. Bath towels hard and definitely not luxury and were not replaced with fresh towels during the holiday.
Ants in shower (emerging from shower attachment on wall).
Bring own cleaning products/cloths or you will be charged for cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your host, Liese Cairnes, invites you to spend a truly sumptuous break in her highly contemporary and beautifully designed country bed and breakfast property in Lymington. Leyland's luxury bed and breakfast facilities afford its guests exceptional comfort and tranquility, whilst at the same time offering all the amenities of Lymington, which lies within easy walking distance of the B&B. Leyland offers luxury bed and breakfast accommodation with spacious en-suite or private bathrooms with luxury toiletries. Each of the individually designed bedrooms at Leyland have bottled water, tea and coffee making facilities, flat screen TV/DVD, free Wi-Fi, and each room has a spacious en suite or private bathroom with luxury toiletries, comfortable bathrobes and slippers. Guests enjoy their freshly made full-English breakfasts in the newly renovated Breakfast Room overlooking the fields and trees beyond. All breakfasts are home-cooked and include handmade local sausages and organic barn eggs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leyland Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leyland Country House Hotel Lymington
- Leyland Country House Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire