We booked two family rooms for a Friday and Saturday night along with some friends. When we arrived I was told there was no heating in the room. We were told by one of the French staff that the heating had not been working for days. They provided us with an inadequate electric heater. We were then told that a band had been booked for Friday night. The band would be playing right beneath our family room. The noise was unbearable up until midnight. My four year old did not go to sleep until after the band had finished. We were not pre warned about this. We certainly would have found alternative accommodation had we known the band had been booked.
The rooms were grim. Ours had a huge stain on the carpet along with stains on the walls and doors. All window seals were mouldy. Our ceiling light did not work and the room smelt damp. We were not impressed. The standard was terrible.
The food was just average. The full english breakfast was ok but there were no other breakfast alternatives offered apart from cereal.
The french staff were rude, dismissive and unwilling to accept that their standard of customer service was poor.
I would not recommend this accommodation to a family. Infact there are plenty of alternatives in the area....book one of those instead to avoid disappointment and wasting your hard earned cash.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the harbour of Lymington on the South Coast, The Mayflower is a stunning coastal inn which has superb dining and stylish rooms with seaside views. Our six bedrooms are beautifully finished, each with their own unique, comforting and contemporary twist. Sleep in the finest Egyptian cotton bed linen, bathe in beautiful Victorian roll-top baths and enjoy some down-time with a Nespresso while looking out over the Solent. We pride ourselves in supporting all things British and all things local, so expect to dine on the finest ingredients that Hampshire and the beautiful South Coast have to offer. Our talented chefs have lovingly prepared a delicious menu, including beautiful seasonal dishes such as crab and lobster macaroni with spinach, morels and tarragon or Buffalo mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, grilled pepper and basil bruschetta. With an extensive wine list, the best in class ales and a great selection of creative gin cocktails, we have something for everyone at The Mayflower. As a nation, we love to experience the outdoors with our food and drinks. Come summer time, our guests can enjoy our spacious garden, with a picture perfect coastal backdrop as far as the eye can see. The perfect location for al fresco dining. In the winter time, we have real log fires throughout the pub to keep you warm on the coldest of nights. We are conveniently located on the South Coast in Hampshire and are very near to the Isle of Wight and the New Forest - which are truly beautiful at any time of the year, and offer the best in sailing adventures, sightseeing and countryside pursuits. Whether it's a perfectly British Sunday lunch, a lazy afternoon in the garden with friends or a romantic getaway, make The Mayflower your destination of choice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Mayflower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- Mayflower Hotel Lymington
- The Mayflower Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire