“a birthday treat”

Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quintessentially British, with a sprinkling of French. The Elderflower is the new restaurant for food lovers on a cobbled Quay Street in the heart of Lymington, the beautiful Georgian town sited between the New Forest district of Hampshire and the West Solent. Head Chef Patron Andrew Du Bourg (formerly Head Chef at 5* Chewton Glen hotel and Michelin starred Club Gascon, London) will prepare modern British food with a sprinkling of French using locally sourced produce from land and sea.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

After enjoying a lovely lunch, we went to the Elderflower again last night to celebrate my husband's birthday. Notice had been taken of the information I had logged when I made the reservation, of my mobility difficulties and we had been allocated a table with plenty of room, which helped.We had the four course Chef's menu with the flight of matched wines. I found it hard to choose my favourite dish as it was all delicious. The fish course might even have converted me to mackerel! The strawberry sweet was gorgeous and spoke of a chef that understands pastry. The front of house service was good and my questions about the food were answered.
We had a memorable evening and will be returning especially as we were told that part of the plan is to make menus very seasonal. For food of this quality it is excellent value.

2  Thank mci55
adb0314, Manager at The Elderflower Lymington, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

We really appreciate your time and comments :)

Its lovely to know you had an enjoyable birthday celebration here at The Elderflower, we love being hosts of special occasions and having the opportunity to be part of the celebration.

We do try our very best to accommodate for everyone that comes through our doors and are happy that in this instance we were able to be of assist in your mobility difficulties.

Our chefs menu has just really started to kick off now which is helping Andrews imaginative brain start ticking even quicker than every other day.... bringing forward a new menu in the very near future and accompanying that with a brand new tasting menu.

We would love to welcome you back soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We ate here several times, as we were staying in one of the rooms above the restaurant! The food was delicious, all locally sourced, organic and freshly prepared ingredients. The wine choices were excellent, and the service was excellent. The rooms above the restaurant were clean, large, airy and super comfortable.

1  Thank Abrita

Thank you for your lovely comments :)

The team are glad you had a lovely stay with us.

We are hoping to have done some refurbishments on our bedrooms in January so they will have a more comfortable, homely feel to them.
The Head Chef is changing his menu in the next few weeks so we will have some more innovative ideas entering our menu selection. These can be found on our website.

We hope that you will visit us again soon,

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I wandered into Lymington from Berthons marina. A new restaurant on the site of the Bluebird, we decided to try it.The decor is smart and the tables are well spaced, thats the good bit. The menu is not easy to understand and the maitre de is less than helpfull. Turns out she is the chefs wife! The food was just about passable and in fairness we did eat it all, but it was not value for money.My wife ordered scollop and thats what she got, one scollop for £20!!
Can't see this lasting as long as the Bluebird.
Captain Chris

3  Thank david c
adb0314, Owner at The Elderflower Lymington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback , Just to inform you we have not had a scallop dish on our menu since April, However we do have a mackerel dish which is served with scallops boudins (5 pieces).
Unfortunately since the beginning of June I have been unable to present myself on the restaurant floor, due to needs must in the kitchen. Though with that being said I make myself readily available to see my guests at any point throughout their dining experience. Therefore I cannot recall being introduced to you.
We are more than understanding that the Bluebird had many local and travelling fans of which you may have been one of them. With the fast change over of restaurants the Bluebird were unable to make their guests aware of the changes.
It saddens us to hear that you would compare us to such as the Bluebird, we strive to produce and present the very best of local and fresh products, being very lucky to work with passionate suppliers.
We are more than welcoming of any constructive criticism and comments, we take these in our stride and use them towards progressing and making this a better and even more enjoyable experience for all the guests that we have the pleasure of greeting.
The Elderflower's team work very hard toward researching the seasonal ingredients and using them to enable us to change our menu on a regular basis, this inclusive of our daily special and catch of the day.
If you would have said on the evening to myself that you were not happy with me then I have the opportunity to get another member of management to have spoken to you to resolve your concerns or issues.

Best wishes

Marjolaine Du Bourg

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My partner and I went for dinner on Friday evening.
We both had the tasting menu which was amazing.
The service was impeccable and we were looked after very well.
The front of house staff were well informed on the menu and attentive but discrete.
The value for money is outstanding for this quality of food, setting and service, you would be hard pushed to find anywhere else locally to match it.

1  Thank Pooleamuse

Thank you very much for your feedback :)

Its great to hear you had an enjoyable time with us!

We try our very best to present the best in our food an service on a daily basis, adapting menu and service styles to what best suites our guests!

We are looking to change our menus in the very near future and hope that you might be able to join us and sample them!

We hope to see you again soon,

Many thanks,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our Son Ben had bought us a Groupon voucher for a 2 course meal with either a glass each of Prossecco or an Elderflower Cocktail at the Elderflower Restaurant. There were only two choices of starter, a fish soup (broth) or a veggie choice of goats cheese, tomatoes etc. We started off with an Elderflower Cocktail (absolutely delicious), followed by the mussel, chorizo, leek and potato broth with home made bread and a buerre noisette butter. Be aware on the groupon, you only had two choices of the main as well, pork or fish/catch of the day. Not sure if you are a vegetarian what would be offered, BUT I am absolutely certain something would be offered to suit you. I had the cod and chips on a bed of pea and verbena puree, and my husband had the loin of pork, with yummy vegetables. The roasted beetroot tossed in polenta was an absolute delight, as was the whole meal. We decided to go for an extra course re pud - hubby had homemade violet ice cream and I had the elderflower and verbena ice cream - a taste sensation for each pud.
If this is your first visit to this restaurant, if you can, try to buy a groupon if the Offer is still going as the voucher value of the meal was £27 for two people including the cocktails (extra for the ice creams, but that was our own choice). I think this was absolutely amazing value, and it gave you a taster from the a la carte menu, to gauge how good the food was being served at this Restaurant. I can only say "top notch quality". A mention must also be made to the front of house staff. Impeccable Service from a really lovely lass who knew her stuff, and was an excellent Hostess. It was such a treat from our son (thanks Ben for your generosity) and even more so an absolutely wonderful eating experience. Thanks to all the staff for a brilliant anniversary meal memory!
Lorrie and Kelvin, Waltham Chase, Southampton.

adb0314, Manager at The Elderflower Lymington, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review :)

We really appreciate all the lovely things you have said about all our hard work and dedication! it makes it all worth while when guests such as your selves have such wonderful things to say.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you here with us at The Elderflower and we hope we can celebrate many more occasions with you too.

Hope your enjoying the lovely weather too :)

Many Thanks,