“Delightful tapas and great service”
Review of La Churreria - CLOSED

La Churreria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At La Churreria we provide top quality Coffees, assorted Teas, Hot chocolate, Milkshakes, soft drinks, Cakes, Pastries, Churros with Valour chocolate, Hot Soup, Rustic Breads, Homemade Tapas, Freshly made Paella, all of which is served in a truly delightful rustic surround,indoors or outside in our very own courtyard just off the high street . Opening hours; 10am to 4pm Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday and Saturday. Other times by Prior arrangement. La Churreria is available for private hire in the evenings. We are also fully licensed providing a range of delicious Spanish Wines, Sherry, Beers, Ciders and Liquors. A great place to come along and enjoy a relaxed time Come on in, we are eager to meet you and share our passion for food and drink.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Delightful tapas and great service”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just had tapas for lunch on a busy but sunny Easter Saturday. Staff are great, really friendly and the tapas are terrific....we could have been in Espana! We sat outside at a table for two in the pleasant courtyard. No alcohol licence for a month, so take wine if you want! Tapas are generally a bit dearer but the quality is excellent......so you get what you pay for! Very handy just off High Street at Earley Court.

Hello IKB1511

Thanks for visiting us all the way from Leamington Spa. I know it well having grown up there many moons ago, I even got my wife Monica to drink the Spa water from the tap by the Pump Rooms and I don't think she has ever forgotten the experience.

The Easter Saturday you mention was indeed very busy and in fact was our busiest daytime session since we opened in November. No doubt the weather had a lot to do with ensuring the courtyard was well used and perhaps the smell of the Paella cooking also helped. It is very gratifying that we came up to scratch and I will make sure the staff read your comments.

The news on the alcohol license is that we now have one and are going about making arrangements to open up the bar. However, we still intend to implement a BYO policy of some sort as this seems to have struck a favourable chord with our customers.

I fully agree with your comments on the tapas pricing because you certainly do get what you pay for. We hand-make and cook all our own hot tapas using traditional recipes and any cold tapas is made by us from real Spanish ingredients which we source from experienced and specialist importers which we feel ensures the authenticity. For example the Chorizo is from Galicia, the Manchego from La Mancha, The Churros comes from Salamanca, the rice is from Valencia, the Torta de Aciete is from Seville and we clean and marinade our own Spanish and Greek Olives. We try to give a decent sized portion too, but as I said I agree with your statement 100%.

Thank you very much once again for taking the time to review us and for the encouragement

Best regards

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“I'm Speechless!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have never felt the need to rate anywhere before but after my visit to La Churreria I just had to let everyone know so they don't miss out!!

During a weekend away, we happened to come across this beautiful little place whilst shopping in Lymington...and it was absolutely lovely. Most delicious coffee I have ever tasted (i urge you to try the Latte!) and the children loved their milkshakes and churros! Family friendly, excellent service and the most delicious Tapas..it was just the atmosphere of the whole place!

I really will miss places like this when I move to Qatar!!! Thank you for making our weekend xx

Hi Victoria Abigail

So glad we managed to make you speechless, in a good way that is. I agree, I particularly like the Piazzo D'oro latte as it combines a nice strong coffee without bitterness, with a lovely foamed tall latte.

The milkshakes are made with Premium full Dairy Ice Cream from New Forest Ice Cream and mixed with a fruit infusion which is 100% natural and comes from florida so a great combination of tastes come together, the smoothies are very good too and use the same infusions.

I hope your move to Qatar is successful and if ever you return to these shores please make time to revisit, we'd love to have you back.

Best regards and thanks for taking the time to review.

Lymington, England, United Kingdom
“Yummy food”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We popped in one Saturday while pottering around the market. Fantastic churros and a great atmosphere. Will be popping back very soon.

Hello Catherine R

Thanks for finding us on your market day pottering and we are very pleased that the food and the Churros were to your liking.

Your comments regarding the atmosphere are music to our ears as we are trying very hard to create a buzz and it will be a pleasure to have you pop back, any time, market day or otherwise.

Best regards and thanks

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in lymington”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

This is the best coffee shop in lymington. Visited now about 6 times since it opened and always consistently good coffee. Add to that very friendly team, owners that understand the importance of good service and some really nice food. Gets a little cramped inside when busy but definitely worth a visit.

Hi Tonye544

Thanks for your review and immediately can we say thanks for being a repeat customer, 6 times at least. It is great to have your support and I do hope you've taken up a loyalty card. We are glad you find the coffee and food to your taste, it is encouraging to also to hear your appreciation of the staff. We will make sure they hear about it, so thanks again.

I know exactly what you mean about being a bit cramped when we are busy which is mainly the lunch time period 12 till 2pm, especially Friday and Saturday. The good news is that the sunshine is appearing ever more regularly so the outside seating is coming in to play which our capacity and should alleviate things. You can also book a table on Friday and Saturday night which guarantees comfortable seating.

We are going to add a few more stand up positions too which will be good for the al fresco coffee drinkers.

Thanks again for your support and review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Best regards

Orpington, United Kingdom
“fabulous”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

wonderful atmosphere an a real buzz about the place. Service was excellent, food superb as good as I have had in Spain. Made my night by allowing me to have the churros for one as dessert although it was on the menu for 2. Definitely one to visit again. Perfect relaxed eatery where the food and service are highly important to the owners and delivered with a smile by the staff. Highly recommended

Visited March 2014
Adrian Y, Owner at La Churreria, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Hello Julie D

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and for the kind comments. The team will be delighted that you found it so relaxed and we'll do our best to recreate the buzz if and when you can visit us again. We have lots of Churros so don't worry, we'll always do our best to accommodate.

It's not too far from Orpington so please do come in again very soon. "Hasta pronto", as they say.

Thanks once again from all of us at La Churreria

Adrian, Monica and the team.