“Compact luxury”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TeamThoma...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Stunning Marina Y Knot was a little too much like camping for my liking!”
Reviewed October 15, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

I was so pleased with myself finding Y Knot on trip advisor as we'd only managed to get one night at the Pig on the Beach on the Friday of the August bank holiday and my husband suggested we try and stay the whole long weekend so I started looking in the area!

My two girls (10&12) were absolutely ecstatic at the prospect of staying on a boat. They have always wanted to camp but I am no camper! So this for me was as close to camping as I was ever going to get with a huge plus being that we had my own toilet and shower yay!

The booking process was very straight forward although I did find Melissa rather unfriendly when I was paying the deposit on the phone (I was super excited but came off the phone feeling rather flat).

Nik was extremely warm and welcoming and gave us some great tips on local restaurants that delivered to the Marina (we hadn't thought to book somewhere, particularly the Haven which is on site!) and of course everywhere was rammed as it was a sunny bank holiday day)!

The chilled Prosecco and milk in the fridge a really nice touch and gratefully received thank you.

Sadly my first impressions of our room were of slight disappointment as it smelt damp (apparently a previous guest had left the port hole in the roof open during bad weather). It's cute with actually a lot of storage, a massive TV with some DVD's, although we couldn't get it to work, however, The bed is rather small, my husband and I are both 5ft 6 and our feet where hanging off the end!

Our children couldn't wait to climb in and out of the port hole above our bed leading to the front deck. Hours of fun right there!

The girls room was a very very compact twin! So compact there was no way either of them could sit up in bed this isn't a negative they loved the adventure!

One thing I really wasn't prepared for was the fact that although their is a toilet and shower, the toilet is for Wee's only!

This brought me back to my fear of it being like camping!! It's rather amusing considering the immense wealth in the Marina watching people file past in their robes with wash bags tucked under their arms!

Nik left us with a Fob which allows us exclusive access to the Marina and the shower blocks!

So for this reason we used the shower blocks actually in the main Marina building (about a 5 minute walk away near the Haven Restaurant. There are closer toilets and showers (recently refurbished and with hair dryers and straighteners) but the main Marina building block were spacious and light with probably 5 showers with each unit having its own heated towel rail and sink plus shower gel. They are very well used and get dirty quickly but the housekeeping team are quick to stay on top of the upkeep.

My other disappointment was that to remove the canopy is rather like a jigsaw and I'm sure the taking off part would be fairly swift the putting back together would have taken a considerably amount of time and effort which with rather changeable weather forecast we didn't dare which was a shame as again it had whispers of being in a tent!

We particularly loved having a mooch around the Marina and my goodness there are some absolutely breathtaking Yachts sadly Y Knot doesn't really compare.

no1queeni...
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Compact luxury”
Reviewed October 1, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We had a lovely stay on Y-Knot it was a very different experience. There were some very thoughtful touches including a docking station and a bottle of fizz in the fridge on arrival

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the location
Liked least: the guide book was a bit telly offy
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed September 5, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 14, 2016
What a fabulous review-Exactly what Y-KNOT is all about!!!
Krisztina...
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“We will be back!”
Reviewed May 17, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary here. We absolutely loved it. Very relaxing, romantic and the position of the boat gave us a fab view. Nick was very friendly and helpful. We will be back next year.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
May 19, 2016
Great news, we will see you then! Thanks Melissa
Pathfinde...
“Mrs”
Reviewed December 2, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Had a great time and so much better than a hotel, very relaxing, loved the area, great Marina facilities will go back again

Dec 3, 2015
Many thanks for your review-as always very much appreciated.
Melissa
Guy C
“Very good, far better than a hotel.”
Reviewed September 20, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our week on this boat; being a sailor I new exactly what to expect. Nick and Mel were very helpful during the whole process. The marina is very well appointed, with a great informal restaurant, fab food. Lymington is a nice town, ideally suited to the new forest.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Sep 21, 2015
Good to hear! Thanks Melissa and the team.
zac32
UK
“Fab”
Reviewed August 24, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Really great stay. Everything we wanted, needed and expected and more. Great fun and 8 year had a blast. Great view of IOW. Would recommend without second thought though maybe not to anyone who was very tall!

Traveling group: Young Children
Aug 25, 2015
So pleased you had a great time!!!
Melissa and the Top-Notch Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing