“Coffee and cake”
Review of Sophie's - CLOSED

Sophie's
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Named after our two year old daughter, who likes cake, Sophie's is a family run business in Lymington's cobble quay hill. We're fully trained baristas who serve up proper coffee and homemade slices of cake that our nans would be proud of.
Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

Stopped here for coffee and cake during a shopping trip. I don't drink coffee but my mum does and said it was far superior to that you get in the chain coffee shops.

We each had a piece of cake. Both cakes were light and delicious. All the cakes looked homemade and I'd have been happy to have any of them.

The cafe was busy and we sat in the back room. It was difficult to get comfy as the table was right infront of the heat emitting fire. We sat at opposite sides of the table but had to angle our chairs to accommodate other customers. Also the chairs themselves were not all that comfortable.

I'd return, but at a quieter time, making it easier to sit more comfortably. Service was good. I think Saturday girls some of whom didn't know what they were doing leading to slow payment.

Reviewed November 30, 2015 via mobile

They serve great Monmouth Coffee. So far so good - but somehow the staff and presumably the manager conspires to make your visit disappointing. How about some friendly service? Doesn't cost much but would transform this place. As it is, I avoid Sophie's even though the coffee is probably amongst the best in town. A coffee shop that doesn't open until 11:00? Could do a lot better.

3  Thank Nick G
Reviewed November 20, 2015

Went to this beautiful little cafe at the bottom of Lymington High Street. There were eight of us and the staff were so accommodating and helpful The food was excellent can highly recommend the tomato and basil soup. My friend Ali is still raving about it one week later!!

Reviewed October 27, 2015

I was first thrilled to see that Sophies offer gluten free ad special dietary needs. On entering the comfortable warm cafe we were invited to partake of a large choice of teas and coffees served by a very friendly waitresses. On a cold October day this was just what we were needing.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

I've not had a full meal here yet but I can heartily recommend it for afternoon tea and a cake. Very civilised ambience and helpful, attentive staff. Very reasonable prices too.