“Fantastic day on the water!”

Lymington Boat Hire
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hire a boat and get afloat - self-drive motor boats available for up to four people to cruise anywhere in the Western Solent. Visit harbours on the mainland and Isle of Wight, try fishing, or a picnic. Anchor up and stop for lunch or moor and lunch ashore. Our boats are 16 foot motor boats - no experience required - full training given.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We hired both of the boats of Aquasafe for a whole day as a surprise birthday treat for the in-laws and had a fantastic day going across to Yarmouth and up the Beaulieu River. As complete newbies to we were a bit nervous but the boats are incredibly easy to handle and the water was very smooth all day. Adam was great at explaining everything and made us feel very confident in being out on the Solent for the first time!

We timed it perfectly to stop off at Yarmouth and catch the last day of the Old Gaffers festival and a spot of lunch before heading back across the water and up the Beaulieu River.

The boat is well equipped with everything you need for the day like maps and a depth gauge with all the bearings so you won't get lost.

Thanks for a great day Adam and Aquasafe!!

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a great day out on the solent and down the Beaulieu river all thanks to Aquasafe. Adam kindly came over to Yarmouth on our boat to pick us up and then he gave us a great lesson in the rules of boating on the solent on our way back to Yarmouth to drop him off, when we arrived at the Harbour, we had a full saftey check of the boat to make sure we had everything we could need in an emergency. The we set off for some fun out on the solent and then down the river. Best price in the solent for boat hire. Super service, great boat, shame we caught no fish!! Rods can be supplied though , Full info guide on the boat of maps and place to go and see what more could you want.
A personal thanks to Adam when you read this, thankyou so much for the outing on the RIB Andy had an amazing time and i can't thankyou enough for your time it made our hoilday.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

From my first contact with Adam the customer service has been first class. Philip did our introduction to the boat, the safety issues and the area, he was was brilliant. The boat was clean, in very good condition and well equipped. We were three on board and there to fish, with its shallow draft we were able to anchor close to the shore in 1.8 meters of water on a rising tide in a perfect spot. Our catch was 15 sea bass and 1 plaice, most a very good size. A perfect day that we will certainly repeat. Thank you Adam & Philip.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've just come back from an afternoon on the Solent in one of the Aquasafe Boat Hire four seater motor boats. I took my wife (we're both in our 60's), my daughter and her partner. I had never before skippered a motor vessel or indeed ever taken the wheel.
I was most impressed with the briefing given by Adam who took us all through the basics of controlling the boat in the Lymington river with a few small craft on the move around us together with the IOW ferries coming in and going out. He was very thorough, covering all the essentials, safety instructions, the comprehensive kit provided with the craft and the tide conditions we were to face out in the Solent. Adam made us feel confident in what we were about to undertake and could imagine him doing a great job in the other half of his business, a boating school.
We dropped Adam back at the Marina and ventured off into the busy Solent. I found the craft easy to control and we were soon fishing as we headed off towards Hurst Castle. The current was running out strongly with a really big spring tide. There was a gentle swell and a little choppiness as we got closer to Hurst Castle, but the craft coped well with the conditions and we all enjoyed the afternoon even if we didn't even get a bite! I would recommend Aquasafe Boat Hire to anyone.