I stayed at Elmers Court in August with my Mum and we had a lovely time. The lead up to the main house may mislead some people into thinking they are staying in a grand old stately home but only those who don't read the hotel website properly - it clearly states most rooms are modern and chalet style in courtyards. We had an Executive Room (thanks for the upgrade Mum!) so don't know what a standard room is like but, contrary to an earlier review, it was very quiet and the beds and pillows were very comfy.
The outdoor pool was overrun by kids most of the day but we enjoyed an early evening dip once things quietened down. We weren't sure that the 'lifeguard' was meant to be doing as she rarely even looked at the pool so you'd have to keep an eye on any youngsters yourself. The grounds were expansive and very tranquil with a great walk down from the patio of the main house to the water where there were benches to chil out.
The best thing about the hotel was the staff - all were very friendly and efficient apart from breakfast on our first day when there weren't enough tables set and we had to wait to be seated. They obviously sorted out the problem though as the next day was an efficient contrast. One tip - if you ask for sausage, tomato and mushroom for breakfast that's exactly what you'll get, one of each. So if you want more than one of anything ask for it. My mushroom did look a bit lonely on the plate!
We took the hop on, hop off open top bus tour round the New Forest and had a fabuous day out without the hassle of having to drive or park. We also took the train from Lymington Pier (a few minutes walk) to Lymington each evening - it only too 2 minutes (literally) and cost £1.40 return but it saved us the 25 minute walk into town along a fairly busy road.
All in all, a nice 3 star hotel made even better by excellent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire