My daughter and I have just returned from two nights B&B at Elmers Court. We had fantastic weather and a really great time. Apart from a blip in service on Sunday morning at breakfast - tables were not cleared and laid up which entailed three different parties having to wait for some time and even then staff were not addressing the problem with any apparent urgency - it was a really enjoyable stay. Monday morning breakfast was a totally different experience so it seemed there had been a staffing issue on our first morning. All members of staff we encountered were extremely courteous and pleasant, check in and out was very efficient, and all in all everyone was extremely helpful. The outdoor pool was warm enough and very clean.
Each evening we took the two minute train ride from Lymington Pier, just a few minutes walk from the hotel, into Lymington itself which saved a 25/30 minute walk each way. One drawback was that the last train left the town at 22.07 but the Sails bar was still open and we were able to enjoy a late night drink there. We would recommend The Ship Inn on the Quay for food and drink and take out fish and chips from the High Street. The New Forest Open top bus tour was also well worth doing - £9 each. We stopped off in Beaulieu and walked from there to Bucklers Hard and back (allow a couple of hours) or there is the motor museum or Exbury Gardens, neither of which we had time to do. Tea at The Thatched Cottage in Brockenhurst was also very much appreciated. All in all a great weekend and a hotel we would return to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire