“A brilliant Wedding Day!”

Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lymington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked to have our wedding ceremony and reception at the hotel. The location was just perfect with the grounds leading down to views of the river. All staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble and they all did an amazing job of making our wedding day absolutely perfect. We had a BBQ reception with devious food and drink. We couldn't have wished for more. We stayed the night at the hotel in a lovely suite and had an amazing breakfast too. Would definitely recommend the hotel for weddings, and for holidays too. Thank you for making us feel so special on our wedding day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline S
gmelmers, General Manager at Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review left on the trip advisor website and Congratulation on your Wedding. it was a great privilege to be chosen as a venue for such a great event. We were all delighted to read such positive feedback and the entire team pass on their thank you as this is a great way to recognise them for their effort and hard work. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back at the Resort soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked Elmers court for a Spa day on the basis of their on line pictures and some of their reviews. i could not have been more disappointed with my 'Spa Day' and decided to leave after an hour. Reception was dusty and dirty and so first impressions already weren't good. The staff I encountered didn't really seem to know what was going on, and the massage I had was in a freezing cold room. Nothing about the lunch room or the rest of the day seemed inviting in any way, so I asked for my money back and decided to leave. The receptionist / spa manager decided to argue with me over the money and demand that I pay, with little interest in why I didn't think I should. I certainly won't be going here again, nor will I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Littlewils21

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor.
I was sorry to read your comments however as replied to you on email, I have thoroughly investigated your feedback and although I appreciate your disappointment I feel that our team members were never given an opportunity to make your Spa day a great experience. As witnessed on our CCTV cameras you declined your show round as you wanted to join a yoga class. The treatment room you were in after attending a yoga class had both radiators on and guests before and after commented how pleasant it was. We were fully booked on that day and our policy is “not refundable and not transferable” however as a gesture of good will our Leisure Manager agreed to only charge you for the treatment you had and not the entire day almost a 50% discount.
I was sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations on that day and that you will not be returning.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A beautiful resort - not far from London, but feels a million miles away accessible by car - usually lots of traffic at weekends - or train - Lymington Pier just round the corner as is the Isle of Wight Ferry.
A clean and well maintained holiday venue.
The bar and food prices are rather high and sadly I "lost" a swimming costume and some expensive hair products from the leisure centre.
Be prepared to see wedding parties too,

Room Tip: go for self catering
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review left on the trip advisor website. I was really pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We do have a number of Wedding throughout the year however the Resort is over 23 acres of land and they should not interfere with other guests activities and comfort. Thank you for mentioning the Pier train station being only 5minutes walk from our main reception.
I was sorry to read that you felt our Bar and restaurant prices were high as our Scottish Steak Club offers some main courses under £10, we have our 6 @6 offers which offers 6 mains at £6 ordered by 6pm and our bar prices are very competitive for our area.
We hope to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel is well placed and easy to find, little to far from the town to walk but plenty of local car parks anyway. Room clean and well laid out, very quiet location, good service. Spa gets very busy and hard to make appointments, so book early or you may be disappointed as we were in not getting what we hoped for. Otherwise enjoyable stay for 3 nights

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip advisor. It was a real pleasure to read your positive comments. Our Vital Spa gets really busy during the high season as we have resident booking in advance as well as Spa days. You are right it is preferable to book in advance as we cannot guarantee availability.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Resort very soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our second visit to Elmers Court and the resort, location and facilities have been great both times. The views out to the Solent and the grounds are stunning and very well looked after. We stayed in one of the older apartments this time which could have done with some updating but everything was clean, tidy and in good condition. Overall a very good stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the Trip Advisor website. We were delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We have a maintenance plan in place and although our partment do get refurbished on a rolling basis our Maintenance team and House Keepers work hard to maintain them to a very high standard.
We look forward to welcome you back at the Resort soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night at the end of August with the following day being my birthday and our wedding anniversary. We asked for a room with a balcony and mentioned on the booking the birthday/anniversary. We upgraded to one of the refurbished rooms. Despite mentioning our special occasion in my booking this wasn't acknowledged once which did disappoint me. Lovely venue, beautiful surroundings but I think these large chains are losing the personal touch. Such a shame. Surely it doesn't take much to go the extra mile?

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank SouthamptonLynne

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincere apologies for your special occasion being missed. There are no excuses for this downfall in service. As you can notice on other review once acknowledge we always place a card and fruit ball in guests’ rooms for special occasions. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will ensure that we rectify this mistake to you satisfaction.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked in expecting to experience a night in an architecturally beautiful old manor, instead we ended up in a center parcs style chalet out back. The room was clean and accommodating, the walls however are very thin and we woke at 6am to the sound of our neigbour clearing his throat for half an hour into, by the sound of it, the sink. I have to agree with other comments, the key system makes sharing a room with anyone else problematic ... you are either all in together or all out, or in the dark. Although having just read comments on rooms in the main building perhaps we didn't do too badly. We were then disappointed further to find that even breakfast isn't served in the main building, instead we were directed to the sports facility and treated to what can only be described as motorway services with waiters. Shame we had such high expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jane R

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback left on trip advisor website. I was sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations however all of our literature including our website state clearly that the accommodation is “a minute walk from the Manor House in their own courtyard” with pictures of the accommodation to support it.
Our breakfast is served in our Scottish Steak Club, which is a more modern building with air con, spacious and airy, overlooking our gardens where the vast majority of our guests thoroughly enjoy the award winning breakfast experience we offer. Although I appreciate your disappointment on the accommodation I fail to discern any resemblance between our Breakfast experience and “a motoway services”, not that it is anything wrong with the latest.
Every Macdonald properties are unique in their own style and I hope that your experience will not deter you from using other Madconald Hotels in the future.

Resort General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Passford House
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!