We stayed here for a few days in March, the weather was terrible but not much you can do about that, I'm sure it would be lovely in the summer! We got a deal through Hoseasons, which made it very good value for 3 of us for 4 nights. We had a lovely big apartment in the main house, 2 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen area, one bathroom and one en-suite. The staff were very accommodating and moved us from the first room they took us to, as it was on 2 levels with a staircase, which we didn't think was safe for our 2 year old.
We used the pool pretty much every day, didn't use the gym or any other facilities however. We went to the bar a couple of times, just for drinks, prices are the usual slilghtly on the high side you'd expect in a hotel.
It is a great base for exploring the New Forest. Southampton is not too far away either, great for shopping on a rainy day.
The only couple of negative comments I can think of are around the additional charge for electricity. We spent most of our stay turning things off, making sure we didn't turn too many lights on etc, as we were unsure how much we would be charged! In the end I think we paid about £15, so not too expensive at all! It would be good to get a rough guide of how much the electricity charge is, or maybe an update during your stay. Also our appartment was directly above the entrance and reception, there is a very big old heavy front door, which shook the apartment when slammed, especially annoying in the middle of the night! I did mention it to the reception staff when we left, they said they would look in to it so maybe it has been remedied by now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the stunning Solent Coast, this New Forest hotel is only 15 minutes' walk from the nearby town of Lymington. Set in a manor house dating from 1820 and surrounded by 23 acres of private grounds, the Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort is the ideal venue for a weekend break or a romantic wedding in the Hampshire countryside. Swim in the indoor or seasonal outdoor pool, book in for a spa treatment, dine in the elegant Waterford Restaurant or simply relax in the spacious accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel And Resort
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel Lymington
- Macdonald Elmers Court Lymington
- Elmers Court
- Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire