“Afternoon sail”

Escape Yachting - Day Sails
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Lymington
More attraction details
Owner description: Set sail on the Solent aboard your large luxurious yacht, in the safe hands of your friendly, experienced skipper and crew. Get involved or just sit back and enjoy the view! Relax and unwind on deck in the sunshine. A complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival and a delicious freshly prepared lunch or dinner served at anchor off the Isle of Wight is included. Discover new places, new perspectives and learn how to sail - even swim if you're brave enough! Day (Sail with Lunch) or Evening (Sail with Dinner) trips are available. Great for individuals, couples and groups of family, friends, clients and colleagues!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I had an absolutely lovely time on Saturday on board the yacht. I don't think we could have chosen a nicer day for it- the whole year. It was sunny, so very pleasant, but there was also enough wind to enable us to hoist the sails. I mainly sat back and relaxed with a glass of wine, but I did take the helm for about 20 mins.

We motored out of the marina and harbour and then lifted the sail as we got into the Solent. The crew took us towards the Needles and then we sailed back and anchored in a bay for dinner.

Dinner on board was herb crusted chicken on a bed of tomato and chilli pasta, followed by a treacle tart with clotted cream. I had pre-ordered a bottle of rosé as an appertiti followed by a bottle of red for the dinner. Great value and I thought the wine choices complimented the experience and food very well.

I will be recommended this experience to my friends and family.

Matthew L, Owner at Escape Yachting - Day Sails, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of your day of sailing with Escape Yachting - it all sounds perfect! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the experience - including the weather, the relaxation, the sailing, the views, the meal and the wine! We look forward to welcoming you back on board again soon - perhaps with a group of friends and family to share the experience next time!

All reviews
"no pressure"
"great fun"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you are not into competitive yachting and you like the idea of a relaxing sail, this is definitely for you. My (pregnant) wife and I had great time on our 6 hours sailing experience spoiled by an experience skipper, Nigel, and the young chef, Luke. We were lucky with the weather and the group formed there. an experience to be repeated and highly recommended, also for those who have never sailed.

Thank you for writing a review of your relaxing day on board! I am so pleased that you both were able to enjoy yourself so much, including meeting other people on your shared charter - which works really well in our experience! Thank you also for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you back on board again soon - perhaps with a group of friends or a group of colleagues and clients from work!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked for a special day with Escape Yachting which included boarding the boat at 9 ish, bubbly, lunch, dinner and sleep on board with a sail around the solent and breakfast back at Lymington. This was a special treat for us but one of those things that you are never sure what to expect. I should not have had any fears, we had Ken the skipper who was happy for us to be as involved as we wanted and was very patient and Tim his mate who was one of the most thoughtful, helpful and useful 20 years I have ever met.

They made our day special from the moment we boarded to the moment we left and couldn't do enough for us. This is not a cheap treat but well worth every penny - I can;t recommend it enough

1  Thank RitaP4412

Thank you for reviewing your sailing trip with us last weekend. I am so pleased that we exceeded your expectations in every way and that you had such a great time on board. I am delighted that you were looked after so well by Ken and Tim and will certainly pass on your thanks to them both! Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement and recommendation and we look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I chose the morning session and we had a lovely day the weather was brilliant, company good and it was fun.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you had a lovely day, the weather was brilliant, the company was good and you had fun - it sounds perfect! I am sorry, though, that you only found all that to be an 'average' experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was the best day and best value trip we have had in ages! From start to finish we had a brilliant time. It was very well organised, we were met and welcomed, the crew were great. Our fellow passenger were really friendly it really made the whole experience really special. The lunch was delicious! And the wether was glorious so a perfect day! We even had a swim in the sea. Some of our group also got involved in hoisting the sales and we all took a turn at steering the yacht, a special thank-you to David and LukeWe didn't want this day to end. Thank you so much, we will definitely return soon. We would recommend this so don't miss out! Book now to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank swaddy1
Matthew L, Owner at Escape Yachting - Day Sails, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of your great day out with Escape Yachting. I am so pleased that everything went so well for you such that you didn't want this day to end! I will certainly pass on your thanks to David and Luke for looking after you so well and we all look forward to welcoming you back on board again soon!