“A bit windy and a lot of fun”

Escape Yachting - Day Sails
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Lymington
More attraction details
Owner description: Set sail on the Solent aboard your large luxurious yacht, in the safe hands of your friendly, experienced skipper and crew. Get involved or just sit back and enjoy the view! Relax and unwind on deck in the sunshine. A complimentary glass of bubbly on arrival and a delicious freshly prepared lunch or dinner served at anchor off the Isle of Wight is included. Discover new places, new perspectives and learn how to sail - even swim if you're brave enough! Day (Sail with Lunch) or Evening (Sail with Dinner) trips are available. Great for individuals, couples and groups of family, friends, clients and colleagues!
Reviewed September 11, 2012

HIghly recommended. Bought as a surprise present for my Mum's birthday. I had envisaged a quiet leisurely sail, basking in the sunshine with a glass of bubbly..This it clearly was not, as the weather also had a say in it. It got a bit breezy and lively - and probably all the more enjoyable for it. Kirsty, the captain, had both the boat and the guests in good control. Who wanted to join in and helm or pull some ropes was very welcome to. I did and loved it. For those who rather enjoyed the view, that was fine as well. Certainly plenty of diversion - I had told my Mum before to bring a book, just in case - no she did not need it. Dinner back in the harbour was very enjoyable as well - professionally prepared by Tim, and offering us the opportunity to discuss the experience. Five pairs, neither of whom had met before, and it certainly ended up being a very sociable evening.
Overall: a very well organised trip, right from registration all the way through. Perhaps partially owing to the weather a definite adventure, and an experience not to be missed. Highly recommended.

Matthew L, Owner at Escape Yachting - Day Sails, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you had such a great time with Escape Yachting. Most of our guests have never sailed before, certainly not on a large luxury yacht, and are not quite sure what to expect. We work very hard to make people feel welcome and comfortable, you can get involved with sailing the yacht or just sit back and relax, and, of course, you can enjoy the views and the experience of sailing, along with the first class meal which our wonderful crew prepare for you! We look forward to seeing you and your mother again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Booked the yacht exclusively for my girlfriend's birthday for a Lunch sail, which included lunch.

Everything from start to finish was amazing...from booking and having questions answered, Shani was responsive and professional, and she helped me booked flowers and a birthday cake too.

When you get there, there's lots of parking...don't forget to wear non-black soled shoes onboard!

Parking is free on the gravel and plentiful and directions from the sat nav good.

The boats they have are very new and clean....sometimes you don't know what to expect but have comfort the boats are in great condition, modern, and you can take plenty of pictures of the yacht to impress your mates.

You can get involved as little or as much as you like and the Skipper, Kirsten was brilliant...very professional, friendly, knowledgeable and just a pleasure to be around...she helped my girlfriend navigate the boat out of the marina too!

Tim was our cook and Kirsten's 2nd in command....what a brilliant chef he is..his pasta and herb crusted chicken is better than a lot of italian restaurants I've tried..I even asked for his receipe at the end.

Would do this again in a heartbeat....great weather, food and a day sailing, what more could you want!

1  Thank keefy888

Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent descriptive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your sailing experience with Escape Yachting and that you were looked after so well by Kirsten and Tim. As our summer season winds down, we are looking forward now to next summer and very much hope to see you on board again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Well a must do on this 6 hour experience. There were five of us who went inlcuding was 2 children 10 and 13. We all loved it David and Hamish were so professional, patient and helpful if necessary. My son helmed the boat most of the time!!! Food was fab, me being gluten free, nothing was a problem to them. Would recommend this experience to all. Thanks to Escape for being so good.

Matthew L, Owner at Escape Yachting - Day Sails, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your sailing trip with Escape Yachting. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself and that our crew looked after you so well! We look forward to seeing you on board again next summer.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recommend this experience to anyone who loves the sea , wether experienced or not , and whatever age !! I met up with a bunch of "strangers" , greeted by the team and a full safety instructions given to all ... the weather was not on our side, a bit of rain but good winds , but the day out was such fun it didn't matter if it was sunny or not ! the whole group bonded very quickly and we had such a giggle we felt that we had to do it again !! Our skipper Nigel was very experienced , you can either sit and enjoy or get involved which is the best bit as everybody is watching and of course laughing ... I will go back again , i now even want to take a course which enables you to know what's going on and experience , the meal was cooked to perfection , and we all enjoyed each other's company the whole day ... i even got a lift back home with 2 couples who were living next to me , and we carried on laughing in the car !!! what a great way to go ! now looking at doing a proper sailing course ... don't hesitate , on your own or with a loved one , family or friends , DO IT !!

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that you had such a good time with Escape Yachting and are now enthusiastic about yachting and are keen to learn more. We recommend First Class Sailing in Southampton for RYA theory and practical courses. In the meantime, until you are fully qualified, we look forward to seeing you on board again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

A friend and I booked this trip which we attended on the 1st Sept 2012. It was a great experience, the crew were very friendly, informative and safety conscious. Dinner with a glass of champagne then pudding was lovely. Would recommend.

Thank you for review and for recommending Escape Yachting! I am pleased that you enjoyed your sail with us and look forward to seeing you on board again.