“Great home made food, well priced”
Review of Hare and Hounds

Hare and Hounds
Ranked #57 of 120 Restaurants in Lymington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Took the family, really enjoyed the food, big portions well priced. Thought the place had a good atmosphere with many locals in their as well as holiday makers. Gets very busy but the reason being this place is excellent.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We made a return visit to this favourite of ours. We have freinds who live in the New Forest and we usually visit at least one or twice a year.

As usual, the welcome was warm and the food great and sensibly priced. Whilst there were plenty of people eating in the bar area, we decided to eat in the restaurant area as it was quieter and had a table by a window at the front of the pub. I had sea bream, which was off the specials menu and my wife had a warm chicken salad. My fish came with plenty of fresh vegetables and was extremely well cooked. My wife was delighted with her chicken salad - it is a favourite of hers. The service was up to its usual high standard.

The whole pub has a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere with comfortable table and seating arrangements and caters for a variety of ages and tastes. We will be back again as soon as we can!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Visited: 15/8/2012 - 11am (too eager to get there for the food!)

Oustanding service, amazing environment, and phenomenal food. My husband and I have been there every year for our anniversary for 5 years and every year it gets better and better. Amazing home-made sweets: the treacle pudding was out of this world. It makes you want to drive 3 hours to just go there and eat.
Every item of food on the plate was cooked to perfection, very generous portions which would put other establishments to shame - and for very cheap prices. The value for money almost makes me not want to go anywhere else as I will be comparing all the time!
Background music was lovely and the barman who served us was a lovely chap. We hope the chef will see this as we were unable to thank him personally as it had just started to get busy !

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Welcoming pub. Good value food: massive portions. The pub is so dog friendly, that my three were well outnumbered !

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have visited the Hare and Hounds quite a few times over the years. The service is good, the ales are good and the food is good. So often when you visit somewhere and look forward to going back another time, when you do you find yourself disappointed. This hasn't happened with the Hare and Hounds.There is not much more that I can add. Just visit and find out for yourselves.