“Friendly, good value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Passford House

Passford House
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lymington
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Friendly, good value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a lovely one night stay here in February. We were able to take our dog who was allowed in enough areas to make it easy and workable.
The kids loved the indoor pool and I felt really relaxed while reading my book next to one of the roaring fires and being brought copious cups of tea by the friendly staff.
This hotel has a mixture of styles. The old areas are lovely although the becrooms in the newer area cannot be called very stylish. I don't think you would book this hotel if you are looking for 'boutique" more all-round good value and fun for the kids. We loved it.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have stayed here before, and hoped it would be as good as the last time. The staff at check in were helpful and also helped with luggage as we were at the top of the hotel in a nice room with dual aspect views.. On arrival in the room we found champagne and chocolates which were gorgeous. We enjoyed a lovely cream tea and later used the leisure facilities, only small problem no hot showers which I was assured was temporary. The evening meal in the Restaurant was lovely and staff very good and attentive. Breakfast was very pleasant and freshly cooked and hot. All in all a very pleasant stay, thank you to everyone who makde it so pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cowes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner booked this hotel as a surprise for my birthday. It's very charming and beautiful and our room was lovely. It's set in the countryside with extensive and pretty gardens. The staff are friendly and helpful and the whole atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming. We missed out on the Sat evening dinner as I had forgotten my dress! The staff said that it was not a problem, but I wouldn't have felt right. Instead, we thoroughly enjoyed a meal from the bar menu. After a wonderful leisurely breakfast the following morning and a wander around the grounds, we bade a reluctant farewell . . . we shall be returning soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cavycaroline
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The first negative experience of the hotel was when I asked for an extra robe for my 13-year-old son (we were sharing a triple room) and was told I'd have to pay an extra £5 for it. Mean! I also had to ask for an extra cup for him, and was tempted to ask whether I'd have to pay for that. The swimming pool was small but ok. You were asked to shower before getting in but the showers only had cold water. The jacuzzi didn't work, but the woman at reception later told me it wasn't a jacuzzi but a seating area, despite it having all the buttons of a jacuzzi. But what really spoilt the visit for me was discovering a dirty nappy in my bathroom bin on the first night. Horrendous! Like something out of the Inbetweeners Movie. This room cost me £190 a night! I have to say the staff in the dining room were lovely, very sweet and helpful, but the response to the nappy incident was poor. A feeble 'sorry' was all I got, no offer of recompense or acknowledgment of the horror of finding it. When I checked out I mentioned it again but was told it was too late to take anything off my bill, as I'd already paid (?), but I could have a free tea or coffee! Or something off my next stay...but I have to say despite the lovely staff, that incident and the response to it would not make me want to pay out £380 for a two-night stay there again.

Room Tip: In our room, at the end of the corridor looking out to the swimming pool, there was a strange poppin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kokribite
Dorchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

A beautiful hotel in a stunning location. The staff have always been very polite and helpful with nothing being too much trouble. Food is excellent and reasonably priced, as is the bar compared to comparable sized hotels. Bedroom clean and comfortable with the usual necessities, paper was at the door when we woke up. Bathroom was spotless.
Only slight observation is that the swimming pool which is of an excellent size was on the chilly side!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I chose this hotel after looking for a quiet retreat for my husband's birthday gift. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome. Even though it was the middle of winter there were a few guests and still the grounds were lovely to wander around. We decided to dine at the hotel that evening instead of going out into town. The food was out of this world. The service from all members of staff was fantastic, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlitterfairyII
Esher, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I had Sunday lunch at this charming hotel . Even though we were the only guests on this very chilly Sunday we were made to feel very special and nothing was too much trouble . We offered not to stay so as not to put the staff out by cooking just for us, but the staff would not hear of it. We also enjoyed coffee in the delightful lounge. We were given a tour of the function rooms after lunch as we are thinking of having a private party at the hotel in the future. Thank you for a lovely afternoon. Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley

Been to Passford House? Share your experiences!