“An excellent little place- highly recommended!”
Review of East End Arms

East End Arms
Ranked #15 of 42 Lymington B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I've just returned from a night's stay in this excellent place, and was so happy with every aspect of our stay, that I had to write a review.

I phoned up the day before, and spoke to a lovely lady on the phone who booked us into a standard room (£95). She was great on the phone, and asked us if it was a special occasion (which it was- it was my husband's birthday).

Upon arrival, we were delighted to find out that we'd been upgraded to a Superior room- a beautiful room, very spacious, with the largest bed I'd ever seen! The rooms are beautifully done out- spotlessly clean, with lovely linen, cushions, curtains that gave the room a lovely 'boutique' feel. There was tea/coffee making facilities, and we were brought up fresh milk. The bathroom was lovely, with motion-activated light sensors in the side of the bath- so if one of you needs the bathroom in the middle of the night, you don't need to turn the main lights on.

We had a dinner reservation at 8pm, so headed down early to get a drink at the bar. This is my only small gripe with the place- the actual bar area is tiny, and filled with locals, so there was no room for us to sit and have a drink in the bar- we had to go and sit in the restaurant area, which lacked as much atmosphere at that time. However, there is a lovely outside area, so we could have sat out there.

The food and wine menu is very impressive- I had the warm goats cheese salad to start (£5.95), and lamb for my main course (£15.95). We had a lovely cheese platter for dessert- which they'd put a candle in, as they'd remembered it was my husband's birthday. The breakfast the following morning is lovely as well- they'll basically cater for whatever you want, and the portions are good sizes.

Had an incredible nights sleep- the bed is amazing!

All in all very impressed with this place- the free upgrade was excellent. I think it's slighly expensive though (£115 for a superior room)- but as the service was so excellent, I can't really complain.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MonkeyFace28

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Very friendly staff who make every effort to be helpful and to give good advice on the locality. Lovely rooms with huge, comfortable beds, modern bathrooms and good quality linen. Food, both evening meal and breakfast, superb and presented attractively, also fresh milk provided for tea. Good and quiet location on the edge of the new forest and also close to the coast - it's worth the short walk or drive (about a mile) straight down to the coast where there are views to the Isle of Wight and you can walk along the shore. Although it is right by a road there was hardly any traffic at night so very quiet . I was here on business but would love to come back sometime for a short break.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lymington
Stanwell House Hotel
Montagu Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to East End Arms? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about East End Arms

Address: Lymington Road, New Forest National Park Hampshire, Lymington SO41 5SY, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Hampshire > New Forest National Park Hampshire > Lymington
Ranked #15 of 42 B&Bs / Inns in Lymington
Price Range: $143 - $174 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your East End Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
East End Arms Lymington, New Forest National Park Hampshire