“Relaxed and stylish”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Relaxed and stylish”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

A lovely chilled out setting in the centre of Lymingtons buzzy High Street,always a treat to call in whether for coffee and pastries or a light lunch.Friendly and stylish,a very good espresso is served here and the light lunch menu is always delicious and varied - (my current favourite is any risotto with poached egg),the soups are often inventive (something you would n't create at home) and although I'm usually hurried for lunch times a 2 course lunch with glass of wine for just over £10 is pretty good value,with linen napery and attentive service. Overall one of my favourites for coffee and meeting girlfriends.

• Visited November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
bournemouth
““Perfect Service and amazing food......well worth a visit!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

“Perfect Service and amazing food......well worth a visit,

This place is brilliant, the food is always amazing (steak always as we requested), the quality of the food is brilliant, the service  is always second to none.  Stanwells is a great place to visit even if you just want coffee which is served with home made cookies, lunch which is always lovely and fresh or dinner. The food in the restaurant (choice of two)  is always exceptional!    They always seem to be  using the best of  produce from the land and the sea always cooked  to perfection.    The staff seem to go that extra mile, service that genuinely comes from the heart.  The staff always seem happy and they all seem to be very passionate about their work.  Service is always with a smile   and I have to say,  a special mention about Lucy  who is so lovely!
  The Cocktail bar  is a total chill out area offering a good choice of cocktails and drinks.
Great price considering the style and location (minutes walk from quay).
And above all really good service!

This is our favourite place to eat  in Lymington.
Thank you to the team at Stanwell  House Lymington

• Visited October 2012
Limassol, Cyprus
“The bistro”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband & I dined here as I noticed it holds a 2 star rosette for food. The food was ok, not what I would expect of a restaurant holding this accolade though. I couldnt fault the food, it just wasn't amazing! What I can say without hesitation though is the service - what a let down. I am wheat intolerant and when I asked about a particular starter, the head waitress informed me that the goats cheese probably did contain wheat!!!! After visiting the kitchen ( and no surprise to me) she confirmed that the goats cheese was in fact wheat free!
Unfortunately the staff had no coordination in relation to waiting on tables, one would fill up our wine glasses to be followed by another waitress less than 2 minutes later trying to do the same.
Would I return, no, there are many restaurants around with better service & food than here.
I wish restaurants such as these would invest in better trained and more experienced waiting staff, it is such a let down in my opinion.

1 Thank Morag H
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go there!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped for lunch on a Saturday in August - the menu enticed us in. That was the good part.
There seemed to be so many staff that they didn't know who was serving who, and we had to ask three of them if we could have a table. Eventually we sat in the courtyard, which is very nice. We waited 15 minutes to be served, and the waiter didn't bring menus. We asked which wines were available by the glass, and his reply was "red or white"!! So, we managed to prise some further information from him, to then wait another ten minutes for the white wine to arrive - when it did it was warm. Further complaints were made - and if we weren't so hungry we'd have left there and then. A waiter arrived and laid the table, including side plates and a dish of butter - presumably for bread - but we'll never know as the bread didn't arrive either. We eventually ordered our salads, which were OK, but that's about as good a review I could write about the food.... it was just leaves with a slice of salmon plonked on top for my wife, and an average chicken salad for me.
We didn't bother with coffee or a dessert, as we couldn't get out of there fast enough - what a shame - as the building and location deserve to play host to a fabulous bistro, but it was a very bad dining experience.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Grantlucas
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“"Great location"”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great location in the centre of a buzzing seaside town. Stanwell House is a lovely hotel that delivers quality in every aspect with such style. Whether you have a simple burger with a nice pint of Japanese beer in the conservatory/ or diner in the restaurant with its great selection of choice. (including some lovely fish dishes)

Wouldn't say this is in my top ten but it's a must to visit if your in the area.

• Visited August 2012