“Outstanding”
Review of Lanes

Lanes
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Lymington
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We picked Lanes after reading the reviews here but hadn't taken into account the difficulty using rural taxis mid week.
I called to explain my problem and Nicky said she would help.
15 minutes later we were collected from our hotel and treated to wonderful food and exceptional service.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and will definitely be going again.

1  Thank aidanrudd

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Thank you to Nicky & Peter for making our evening special. Your attention to detail was very good. The food was fresh and very tasty. The first time I have had turbot and I would have this again without a doubt. Lanes is an old school house where you can sit on many levels. We will be back next time in town.

2  Thank naomi f
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We decided to go to Lanes for this new years eve. What a treat. A warm and friendly welcome was in store. We browsed the menu at the bar whilst having a drink. Nicola very kindly answered all our queries about dietary requirements. We both went for the fish starter - oh my - it was truly out of this world. The scallop was succulent, the tempura prawns were so light they could have floated right off the plate and the salmon wrapped in smoked salmon with a sauce/jus to accompany them, a marriage made in heaven . Oh I hope they decide to place this on their main menu for the new year. (hint).My husband had the turbot and I had the lamb. Once again we were not disappointed. I was completely stuffed so much so that I passed on the rest of my meal. A truly masgnificent evening followed with dancing to live and disco music. A perfect way to end the year.

2  Thank P S
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to The Lanes for first time last week on recommendation. Starter was ok but main course was bland. Nicola was pleasant but a bit in your face. Thought it was expensive for the quality of food.

2  Thank SB1957
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Visited Lanes with friends for their seasonal fixed menu. Despite being small eaters, the quality of food was such that you felt the desire to eat all on offer. Great value, good portions and delicious. This will be my regular for future visits to Lymington. However will insist on chairs as the benches a little uncomfortable for a long lunch!

2  Thank MikeP248