“What a shame!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Knutsford
“What a shame!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We are on our annual visit to our timeshare in Lymington and so looking forward a superb meal at the Bluebird restaurant. Yesterday, we discovered it had changed ownership - what a shame. The sea food was the best we've ever tasted and the family who owned it were lovely. I remember leaving last time and saying, "see you next year". Does anyone know what's happened to the family who used to run the restaurant?

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Alan E

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Mistake”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It is no longer called the Bluebird it has been refurbished and is very very expensive did not visit. It has been taken over by new people and I wish them well but not at my expense

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kingy424
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Used to be my local - was wonderful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Sadly this restaurant doesn't exist any more as the Bluebird. Such a shame; it was really great and the owners and staff always welcoming and lovely.
It's been replaced by a new restaurant called Elderflower which I now avoid. Very sad as it's opposite my office and I used to eat there very regularly. I really miss the Bluebird. Elderflower is bad service, insanely expensive, boring menu and altogether a bad experience.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Lymlou
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent for fresh fish”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is one of our favourite fish restaurants. My husband and I had the lemon sole tonight and it was superb. Yes I agree the decor is dated but we go for the quality of the food and the excellent service and warm welcome we always receive from Umed and his brother. The prices are very reasonable and I love the apple crepes in butterscotch sauce!!

• Visited January 2014
Essex UK
“Pleasant little restaurant with good food.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Being a seafood lover this was a must eat for me and I wasnt disappointed. Had the mussels as a starter and these were tasty and plentiful. My main was the crab thermidor. The crab was a good size and came with fresh veg and fries and a small salad. I must say it was very tasty, however, having made thermidor sauce countless times, the topping did not approach a true thermidor and was more au gratin. Saying that I would definately return to the Bluebird.

• Visited January 2014