“Excellent for fresh fish”
Review of Bluebird Restaurant - CLOSED

Bluebird Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent for fresh fish”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is one of our favourite fish restaurants. My husband and I had the lemon sole tonight and it was superb. Yes I agree the decor is dated but we go for the quality of the food and the excellent service and warm welcome we always receive from Umed and his brother. The prices are very reasonable and I love the apple crepes in butterscotch sauce!!

• Visited January 2014

Essex UK
“Pleasant little restaurant with good food.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Being a seafood lover this was a must eat for me and I wasnt disappointed. Had the mussels as a starter and these were tasty and plentiful. My main was the crab thermidor. The crab was a good size and came with fresh veg and fries and a small salad. I must say it was very tasty, however, having made thermidor sauce countless times, the topping did not approach a true thermidor and was more au gratin. Saying that I would definately return to the Bluebird.

• Visited January 2014
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Needs to come out of the 80's”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went here for an anniversary dinner. Bright lights, dated decor, hotel style service, old fashioned menu.
Food was OK but presentation needs attention, I had rissotto which was molded into a tower with an undressed side salad, very dry. My wife had pate which was again OK but very basically presented.
Fishcake's for main were pretty tasteless and again looked like an 80's pub meal. My wife had the plaice which again was dry, needed some butter.
Service was good but all in all a very mediocre meal and not great value.
Needs updating to appeal to a younger clientele as it is a great location.

• Visited October 2013
Hampshire
“We'll come again”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Our first visit although we have walked past on many occasions. We loved it - the menu, although heavily predominant towards seafood left room for choice. Have to admit though, it was the seafood which attracted us. Once there, the inspiring food, attentive welcome and warm ambience well justified the 40 minute round trip drive for lunch. And the crab thermidor - magnificent.

• Visited December 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food & Great Service”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently had an evening meal at the Bluebird, and can't fault the food. We all had fish of some sort, and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful.
The service was faultless, and nothing was too much trouble.
Sadly as it was early on a Tuesday night there were not many people in, which meant the restaurant lacked a little atmosphere, but we still enjoyed ourselves.
Yes the decor is a little dated, but don't let that stop you going, the excellent food more that compensates for it.
We will be back next time we are in the area.
Well done to all concerned.

• Visited November 2013