“Very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Retford
“Very enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

The Inn on the Prom is a very clean and tidy hotel, the staff are pleasant and very helpful.
It is nicely situated in Lytham St Annes if you would rather stay out of Blackpool itself.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

innontheprom, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2016
hope to see you soon
The team at the inn on the prom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
moffat
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

I booked into the hotel for a week and was persuaded to upgrade to a superior "boutique" room. The room was dismal, very narrow and had a window, which was open but so high I could not close it. The bathwater was lukewarm.The room was on the corridor leading to the swimming pool and health club, which was used by the general public. In the late afternoon there was constant noise from unsupervised children running back and forward to the swimming pool and later in the evening two males conducted an angry discussion just outside my door in very loud voices with language I should not chose to hear. In the morning I was woken by a delivery vehicle parked outside my window and some very loud voices. I asked the management to change rooms and was told that this would be done during the day, but when I returned to the hotel in the afternoon none of the staff knew anything about the room change and they kept me hanging about the foyer for over an hour until they said they could not find another room. S o after one noisy night I left. A letter of complaint to the management offered to upgrade me to a "boutique" room the next time I booked into their hotel. No, I don't think so.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank chrismac57
Staffordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed in the inn On The Prom at the weekend and paid for an upgrade. The room was "boutique" A very small room with a small window overlooking the car park. the lighting was so bad you cannot see into the wardrobe. I had to boil the kettle to get the water hot enough to have a bath, and a silly sink on a chrome and glass table, hence "boutique".There was a damp patch on the wall. The room was in the corridor leading to the health club and opposite the hair salon so we had noise and the smell of hair products. A standard room must be really poor.
The Car parking was chaotic I was blocked in all weekend.Reception staff do not know who cars belong to and parking restrictions were not enforced.
However, the food, and hotel in all other respects was good, and the staff were brilliant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gusstaffordshire
England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

4th stay here with large group, but no more. 1st stay, the room was disgusting, complaint was ignored. 2nd stay, no better. 3rd & 4th stay, the room was better, been decorated but very cheaply.
Plus points- reception area, dining room & function room, very well presented & is clean & bright. The food is good, no complaints there. Bedrooms??? well, during the refurb, they utilized the old bedroom furniture. I know for a fact it is 1980's MFI flat packs, because we bought them & have recently pulled them down to modernise our bedroom. The Fernlea has reused them. Basic black & white furnishings, not good quality. We had to ask for the heating to be turned on at 5.30pm, this was late Oct. Then, we couldn't regulate the heating, so it was too hot, or none at all.
By far the worst aspect of this hotel is the rabbit warren of corridors. To get to our bedroom we had to go through 5 fire doors & along 9 twisting corridors. How on earth this has passed fire regulations, I've no idea.
The choice of hotel wasn't ours but we've decided not to go any more. I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Jennand
West Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

This well appointed and positioned hotel has interesting and stimulating decor, comfortable bar and lounge areas, a very good restaurant and excellent staff. Rooms are comfortable if a little basic; my standard room was small with bed, table, TV and wardrobe squeezed in. Bathroom was clean, had all the basics but lacked any extras, smallest bar of soap I've ever seen, no shampoo, conditioner or shower-gell. Soccer was on channel 5 that night but I had to reprogram the TV for Freeview, because "the porter didn't come on until 8pm". Checking for the location of the emergency exits led me on a meandering route of narrow corridors which left me a little nervous. A good 3 star but remember the location of your room, you could easily get lost in this labyrinth of corridors. Pool, Gym, Sauna, and Health Spa were very well equipped.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Bedale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

This Hotel was comfortable ,clean and attractive.We were made to feel very welcome by all the cheerful staff.Our room was absolutely fine and the bed was comfortable and well made every day.Room service was daily with clean towels and the room was kept tidy and clean .Meals were fantastic and very attractively presented and the breakfasts all you could wish for.This hotel is one of the best we have stayed in and I fully recommend it to you.I just want to say thank you to all the staff for making this such an enjoyable stay.THANKS, we will be back !

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
hope to see you soon
The team at the inn on the prom
manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

this Hotel was in good location but when booking this room we was expecting a much more high quality hotel than this for the £140.00 a night we were paying. The room was a "deluxe room" but was very basis and average and also had a nother bed in as they had given us the family room - this was not stated at the time of booking.,we would of expected to pay aroung £60 - £70 per night for this standard of room. There was no mini bar and this was stated when i rang the hotel and check out is at 10am when they informed me it was 12pm. We did complain about the room being over priced and the manager informed me that we would be "looked after next time" but unfortunately there will be no next time! Not alot of help to us really. £140.00 a night isnt alot of money for a quality hotel, but this is far from a quality hotel! very overpriced! The spa and pool looked like something out of the victorian ages, and the pictures on the website are very misleading, i wish companies wouldnt do this as it is unfair and dishonest. I am true believer in getting what you pay for but on this this occasion it did not happen. BEWARE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Some staff we very helpful and friendly and the food in the resturant was good.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple