“Good Hotel, but would expect better for the money”

Inn on the Prom Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel, but would expect better for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed at Inn on the Prom for a weekend playing Bridge. First thing I noticed was that it was very difficult to find one's way around. Access from the front door was not easy. Then once inside, I was totally lost. Before I found the reception desk, I was in the bar area. Generally speaking throughout the day, it was difficult to find our way around the rooms.
Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.
Unfortunately on this occasion I had to share a twin room. Fair play, this was known before the stay. But the room was small, and contained some old school MFI furniture. Furthermore, it was not overly discreet from the adjoining room. The doors were very close together, so we couldn't tell knocking on one from the other. And when in the bathroom we could hear all that was going on next door. Towels in the bathroom were very small as well, which is not great.
On a much brighter note, the food was great - we went full board. But the menu was very unclear. It was typed in an itallic font, and would have been much better in Times New Roman. Also, the choice of beer was poor, and the beer they did have was very expensive. I pay less for a pint of real ale in London. The restaurant tables were very crowded as well, with some low candles on them. This is a health and safety risk, and indeed one of our paper serviettes caught fire (thank goodness there was a jug of water on the table!).
Breakfast did leave a bit to be desired too. There was ok bacon and fried eggs, but no scrambled eggs, and no cereal! Also, the sausages were rather low rate.
I must say that the waiting staff were very helpful and attentive though. They score full marks.
Apparently there is a pool and sauna in this hotel. But I was not aware of them while there, and have just read about them afterwards. Surely they should be better publicised around the hotel.
Overall, this is an OK hotel, but I did feel somewhat disappointed with what I received for the price I paid, and would not pay the prices I can see for booking with the hotel directly on their website.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here over a weekend excellent all round.Lovely food and great staff.Our room was nicely decorated and spotless.Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ASG57
innontheprom, Owner at Inn on the Prom Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2016
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed in one of the larger boutique family rooms which was beautifully decorated and a really good size. I go to lytham st Anne's at least once a year to visit family and would ideally stay there every time but the cost of an evening meal is included and compulsory. There is no option for b&b rates. As I am seeing family and eating with them in the evening I only want b&b so it works out pretty expensive in comparison to some of the other hotels along the promenade where the vening meal is optional, but I can still highly recommend it. the facilites are extremely good and the staff were helpful and obliging and it is in a great location so close to the square, I just wish there were b&b rates thenit would become my regular place to stay without a doubt!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank debbee31
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Had my wedding at this hotel on 30th march 2012. It was absolutely fantastic and could not fault the hotel at all. Reasonable prices n staff were great especially Joanna the receptionist she is lovely and Debbie the manager who organized the day. Food was fantastic and rooms amazing would recommend it 2 every1

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Lbardsley
staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I have just returned from another dance weekend which I have organised at the Inn on The Prom, for 44 guests.
I cannot fault the Hotel. From the moment we arrived, the Staff were extremely helpful, and provided assistance wherever needed.
The rooms were clean and well serviced, and I found that the Boutique rooms made the weekend extra special.
The breakfast was well stocked and no one had to wait, there were plenty of staff to cater for all our needs.
We had our evening meals served in the ballroom, and on both evenings, the staff worked diligently to ensure that waiting time was kept to a minimum. Everyone enjoyed the quality of the food, and yet again, the Chef 'did us proud ' with the choice of starters and main courses, and the Lamb dish I had just fell off the bone. I did consider sampling the variety of desserts, but I only had just about enough room left for one!
I have already booked my next Dance weekend.

Room Tip: If you want a Boutique room for that special treat, I suggest that you book well in advance as the H...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank thedancer90
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed for a weekend break with two friends and two dogs. The staff were friendly and when we asked for more soap and a minor repair on our window it was all done by the time we had returned from a day out! The food was good and our standard room was very comfortable and extremely reasonable. Excellent stay with great value for money and would certainly stay again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 141JaneS
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I've stayed at Inn on the Prom for a couple of their package deals now - Christmas, New Year, what have you. The service has always been efficient and very friendly, and the value for money has always been good, given that the room rate includes an evening meal from a decent menu and, depending on the package, sometimes even includes full board and a programme of entertainment. A big thank you to the hard-working staff! The rooms are well furnished and the beds give some of the best hotel sleep I've had. The restaurant is good, the bar/café is adequate, and there is free wi-fi (although not in the guest rooms, unfortunately). The pool and gym at the health club look decent enough, though I didn't use them myself. In the minus column for the rooms, the windows in the bathrooms rarely latch properly shut, so it can get pretty chilly at night (the solution is to ask for an extra radiator), and the lighting is a bit dim. The breakfast coffee is pretty poor, too, although the food is generally very good quality and there is decent coffee in the café. Plus, there's no guest laundry service, so pack a full complement of shirts! Overall, though, for a package deal and a pleasant coastal location, this is a good value choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family