We stayed at Inn on the Prom for a weekend playing Bridge. First thing I noticed was that it was very difficult to find one's way around. Access from the front door was not easy. Then once inside, I was totally lost. Before I found the reception desk, I was in the bar area. Generally speaking throughout the day, it was difficult to find our way around the rooms.
Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.
Unfortunately on this occasion I had to share a twin room. Fair play, this was known before the stay. But the room was small, and contained some old school MFI furniture. Furthermore, it was not overly discreet from the adjoining room. The doors were very close together, so we couldn't tell knocking on one from the other. And when in the bathroom we could hear all that was going on next door. Towels in the bathroom were very small as well, which is not great.
On a much brighter note, the food was great - we went full board. But the menu was very unclear. It was typed in an itallic font, and would have been much better in Times New Roman. Also, the choice of beer was poor, and the beer they did have was very expensive. I pay less for a pint of real ale in London. The restaurant tables were very crowded as well, with some low candles on them. This is a health and safety risk, and indeed one of our paper serviettes caught fire (thank goodness there was a jug of water on the table!).
Breakfast did leave a bit to be desired too. There was ok bacon and fried eggs, but no scrambled eggs, and no cereal! Also, the sausages were rather low rate.
I must say that the waiting staff were very helpful and attentive though. They score full marks.
Apparently there is a pool and sauna in this hotel. But I was not aware of them while there, and have just read about them afterwards. Surely they should be better publicised around the hotel.
Overall, this is an OK hotel, but I did feel somewhat disappointed with what I received for the price I paid, and would not pay the prices I can see for booking with the hotel directly on their website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the prom hotel is located on st.Annes promenade overlooking the Irish sea .Offering over 100 bedrooms from single to family and standard to suites ,a lovely family run Boutique style seaside hotel.Only a stones throw from the beach and close to st.Annes square and only 2 miles from Blackpool and all its attractions.Swimming pool ,restaurants and bars along with live entertainment through the summer months ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Inn on the Prom Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Prom @ Fernlea Hotel And Niven`s Health Club
- Inn On The Prom Hotel Lytham St Anne's, UK - England